Mr Fixit DSL15C Technician Questions

• Thread starter Greg_Midi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greg_Midi

Reaction score
First post so hi all! This looks like the right place to go to for this kind of stuff.

The drummer in my band was a long time employee at Digitech. He's given me a couple of pedals/multi-fx he had "laying around'. Yesterday he brought over a Marshall DSL15C that he's going to let me have. I turned it on, walked into another room and POP, something went wrong. I came back, plugged a guitar in to it and actually got some sound briefly. I suppose whatever charge was left in the PS caps allowed it to do that and then it went dead. The amp hadn't been on in years I guess, probably should have used a variac.

I found the schematics, opened it up and discovered that FS1 (315ma slo blo) is open. The rectifier parts seem to be ok; diodes 5-8 measure correct and ohming across R30/R8 shows that C20/C8 appear to be charging. I haven't gone any further than that yet except to take a look. I noticed that C48 is missing but that is off the yellow lines from the transformer which measure 14.5Vac and appear to just be a supply for ICs/digital reverb and whatever in there.

I'm making an appeal to technical folks who've had experience with these amps. I'd truly appreciate any insight you might have about repairs you've needed to do, issues you've seen, recurring problems specific to this model line, etc..

Appreciate your time and expertise.

Latest posts