• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

My 1959, four months on...

• Thread starter SinistrousMosrite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SinistrousMosrite

Reaction score
Well, I've been using my new amp for a few months now, so the "Honeymoon Period" is over and it's time to REALLY see how I feel.

I FRIGGIN' LOVE THIS AMP!!!!!

This thing is a tone MONSTER!!!! The cleans are so pure, chiming and ringing. SO EXPRESSIVE. And when it's cranked? My dad expressed it perfectly when I showed it to him: "That's not an 'amplifier', that's a weapon."

I am so tremendously in love with this thing. When cranked, my guts vibrate, doors pop open in the house, things fall off shelves and tables and it pisses off neighbors half-a-mile away (This really happened. I live on an airport, so it stays cranked.) So effing ROCK!!

I know modding is common, and mine is totally stock, set up with JJ E34Ls, biased fairly hot, and I love the sound. I LIKE the aggressive character of the bright-cap and how it distorts at 1.5 on the volume knob. Does preferring my amp unmodded make me weird?

Anyway, just wanted to say that while I am not a narrow-minded "fanboy", I can say that I STRONGLY prefer Marshalls. ESPECIALLY the NMV amps.

God, this thing is so awesome.

A few shots of me and my baby:

l_73325b8ec8cf4edcae950ff9bc40bf1f.jpg

l_c7a8a2a207e54b1d91237aff2721a5ef.jpg

l_590c6c6c53bb48d08f2e1d42603d821a.jpg

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
Cool amp and thanks for posting pictures. Kinda loud, eh?

Vintager12

Reaction score
Try a VM too if you want another stack its a plexi but they did a few mods to it, the plexi from 2006 :) they are soo sweet !
Congrats ! you are realy happy with it i see.
And no it don't make you wierd if you prefer your amp unmodded.

Cheers. :cheers:

SinistrousMosrite

Reaction score
Can you post a clip of that monster?

Not right now since I'm visiting a friend, :( however, I'll be home Tuesday and I can get something together then. :naughty:

I don't have any good recording gear, so it'll likely be a camera mic, which sucks for getting sound across. Plus I fear the volume will overwhelm the mic, making it sound bad.

I'm such a tone-dork.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Congratulations ... you made a nice choice, man! Nothing wrong w/loving Marshall, and nothing wrong w/loving it stock. Rock on!

:headbanger:

SinistrousMosrite

Reaction score
That's a little unnecessary...

Now that I feel ready to address this response, I would kindly ask you to please explain your comment. Why exactly is a Marshall Full Stack driven by a 100-Watt Plexi (even a Reissue) "Unnecessary"?

Please, explain in as much detail as you like, (utilizing paragraph format from any Style Manual that you choose), and feel free to use charts, graphs, surveys, statistics or any other graphic examples to support your argument.

Thanks. I await your answer.

steelhorse

Reaction score
imo recording a clip(s) at volumes that cause any video recorder to clip is overkill, you can view tons of clips online that are recorded with regular home recording gear and even the concert clips very rarely clip and those guys are using a lot more gear.

I kinda think the stack thing is cool and if you're digging it that's all that matters. Hearing protection if that's what's in your ears is a good thing.

Yeah, tear it up bro.

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the 1959, my First Marshall was a 69 Super Lead Plexi

Adwex

Reaction score
Now that I feel ready to address this response, I would kindly ask you to please explain your comment. Why exactly is a Marshall Full Stack driven by a 100-Watt Plexi (even a Reissue) "Unnecessary"?

Please, explain in as much detail as you like, (utilizing paragraph format from any Style Manual that you choose), and feel free to use charts, graphs, surveys, statistics or any other graphic examples to support your argument.

Ha! I was kinda wondering myself.

mercilessdeath86

Reaction score

Well let's see...

Are you in a band? Playing any large shows? Or do you just dick around playing what looks like Ramones songs in your parent's basement?

Also, how much did that rig set you back? Anything at all? Or did your mommy just shell out a measly $5000 for it?

I guess at least you were right about being a tone dork. Well, the dork part anyways.

P.s. Your moustache/haircut combination is really awesome.

Adwex

Reaction score
Well let's see...

Are you in a band? Playing any large shows? Or do you just dick around playing what looks like Ramones songs in your parent's basement?

Also, how much did that rig set you back? Anything at all? Or did your mommy just shell out a measly $5000 for it?

I guess at least you were right about being a tone dork. Well, the dork part anyways.

P.s. Your moustache/haircut combination is really awesome.

Uhhh....THAT was unecessary.

mercilessdeath86

Reaction score
HAH. Alright look, I originally came into this thread to say I was joking and that his amp was killer, but then he had to go make that little smart-ass post.

Anyway, I'm sorry. Let's end it here. Enjoy the fuck out of that amp and make sure to wear ear plugs:headbanger:

SinistrousMosrite

Reaction score
I admit that I was drinking when I made that post, and that drunk driving on the information superhighway is a bad idea.

Having said that,

Yes, I am in a band

Yes, we do play shows, (not arenas, but some of decent size)

Mommy and daddy don't pay for shit now, and I got such a deal on the whole thing, I couldn't pass it up. ($1200 for the whole stack, FWIW.)

The hair is growing back, since I just got back from Iraq and out of the Army, and I'm not religious about my shaving anymore. Nice cheap shot that was.

I will admit that I am VERY sensitive about my choice because the latest trend in live shows seems to be who can gig with the tiniest amp possible, the mic it through a massive PA to sound huge. I have caught a lot of shit from other bands and guitarist for having such a "overpowered, ridiculous, obsolete, unneeded, etc., etc." amp. But, a lot of places we play, there is only a crappy PA, or one that is strained to cover vocals and the drums, then I can say, "no need to mic me", and my bass player as well, since he's using a big-ass bass amp, and we can cut through the mix.

All of a sudden, I come to a Marshall forum, a place I figure like-minded people would congregate, fans of "overpowered amps" and all, and I get what seems like an attack, and it's IDENTICAL to the shit I've been getting in real life from people.

I want nothing more than peace, and would have let the first comment go until the devil whisky got into me, but oh well...