• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

My 1959, four months on...

• Thread starter SinistrousMosrite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MKB

Reaction score
One thing for certain about the 1959 full stack, NOTHING sounds like it. You simply have to have around 500V B+ being swung around a high quality output transformer by four EL34's to get that tone. If you want that big tone, that's simply what you have to do. No substitutes.

Also, since you were in Iraq, I'm sure you heard bigger booms over there. And THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY. You should be allowed to play whatever you want, without any hassle. You have all my respect and appreciation.

You also have the equipment to do an interesting thing; find an interested kid in the audience (preferably one that is just learning guitar), hook him up to the 1959 full stack, and let him play a single A chord while standing in front of the amp. His life WILL be changed, guaranteed!!

A full Marshall stack is one of the most beautiful things in life IMO.

steelhorse

Reaction score
Yeah bro, thanks for your service and tear that bad boy up!

You don't need no freaking microphone!!

:naughty:

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Home Brother!!

I spent a little time in Iraq also back
in 91.

SGT USArmy Retired/Disabled

and LOOOOOVE 1959 Plexi's!

Frank Speak

Reaction score
Re: Heated posts

At least folks reply to your threads. I'm lucky if anyone around even bothers to read mine, much less reply. At this point, I'd settle for "you're a dumb ass for buying that amp". At least then I'd know they're at least reading it. lol

steelhorse

Reaction score
What did you buy Frank or what do you want to get some feedback on?

I mean, I relish the opportunity to call someone a dumb ass! LOL

Just kidding :naughty:

Frank Speak

Reaction score
I posted a thread titled "Anyone Own/Owned a JCM 2000 TSL 100". I was looking for some help with an effects loop issue. I'm a moderator on the Fender Discussion Forum. Oddly, I got more responses there then I did here. :(

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it could be nobody has one
i have never owned one, so i couldnt respond

Frank Speak

Reaction score
Yes, I understand. I just thought it was odd that I got a better response out of the Fender crowd than the Marshall crowd. I would've thought plenty of folks over here would have experience with the TSL. Oh well, no sense taking up space in this thread about it. :)

steelhorse

Reaction score
Yes, I understand. I just thought it was odd that I got a better response out of the Fender crowd than the Marshall crowd. I would've thought plenty of folks over here would have experience with the TSL. Oh well, no sense taking up space in this thread about it. :)

I think it may have had more to do with the pedal than anything else as not too many probably own or use them, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Answered your thread fwiw. :naughty:

Adwex

Reaction score
Re: Heated posts

At least folks reply to your threads. I'm lucky if anyone around even bothers to read mine, much less reply. At this point, I'd settle for "you're a dumb ass for buying that amp". At least then I'd know they're at least reading it. lol

Hey dumbass ...sorry, couldn't resist :)

This forum isn't as busy as alot of others, chances are your post just went unnoticed by anyone who could help. I probably blew it off myself, because I don't have a TSL.