My amp is effing with me x)

• Thread starter Unknown3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown3

Reaction score
So I've been dying inside because my JCM 800 combo + overdrive pedal just didn't work for me. And that sucked, 'cause I didn't want to buy tons of pedals lying about such a small space.

Ahh...

I jammed a bit with my drummer yesterday. I put a 9V battery inside by TS7 Tube Screamer, took my two new brand (fairly cheap) instrument cables, plugged my guitar in my TS7 and then to my combo, and...

LOL. It works. WTF happened? The only problem we're having is feedback but that's only when I'm not playing and that's due to a very small space, lots of shit lying about, etc. etc. and I wonder what this amp can do at a larger room.

I'm stoked! For the time being I don't even need to buy anything else for my amp (future investment will be an MXR GT-OD and a 10-band EQ, maybe an attenuator, too).

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS :headbanger:

spaceforlease

Reaction score
maybe this time u turn it loud. coz as they say, those amps need to be loud (past 12) :naughty:

Unknown3

Reaction score
Yeah yeah, the first thing I need to get is some info on how to solve the feedback issues we ALWAYS keep having. I think it's me. My friend says that the other guitarist he played with, when he used his ESP Ltd EX-50 (which can NOT feedback less than my RR3), they didn't have feedback issues. And he played through a damn Peavey 6505 through a 412 400 watt cab!

And his cables were a bit shoddy, too. What. The. Feck?

Oh yeah, I think partly it may be due to the EL-34 tubes that work great, but I also think it's because I, like you said, really cranked the dude up. I also love how I can't get proper mid scoops even when I reduce mids as much as I can and max bass. Just goes to prove how bad-ass my amp is :D