Nad-1971 Jmp50 Head And Cab!

• Thread starter crankedmarshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
I picked this up today and it sounded amazing! The owner let me play a '59 Les Paul Special and a early '59 Slab Board Strat through it which was very cool. It was a one owner amp until a few years ago when the original owner sold it to a local shop and the owner added it to his private collection. I've been trying to buy it ever since and this week he accepted my blockbuster trade offer!

Here's a few pics. The photobucket link has all the gut shots and inside the cab. I had them swap the original power cord as it was badly frayed and I'm not into exposed wires and electricity.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac297/crankedmarshall/JMP/image.jpeg
image_14.jpeg

image_17.jpeg

soundboy57

Reaction score
Beautiful pieces. I would have hounded him to sell it with no mercy, as well, LOL.
Amazing condition, play it often and enjoy it! They sound sooooo nice :)
Congrats!

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
Beautiful pieces. I would have hounded him to sell it with no mercy, as well, LOL.
Amazing condition, play it often and enjoy it! They sound sooooo nice :)
Congrats!

Haha, thanks man. I tried to walk the line between respectful offers and stalking and pestering. lol

The cool thing was he worked the controls while I riffed and noodled and despite my playing, he was cranking it and even dimed it!

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
Thanks Bluelicks! It was pricey but the guy let me trade a bunch of stuff so I wasn't actually out of pocket much money. It was going to be a straight swap but one of the pieces I had offered to trade was already gone so I just gave him that cash.

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
I think the test date is written upside down. (April 13, 1971) and all 4 speakers have the DD6 (April 6th, 1971?)code and same cone code.

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
Despite having a ton of boutique pedals that I never use, I broke down today and went and bought a Boss SD-1. Turned the drive essentially off, tone at noon and dimed the volume in front of the JMP. It was a pretty fun trip down 80's Rock memory lane and sounded killer!

Latest posts