NAD - DSL100HR

• Thread starter PentodeLicious
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Darn, wish I had found this before I bought the 40CR. But I may actually go though with these mods once I get ahold of the capacitor. Would a "polypropylene radial orange drop style" 0.022uf capacitor work?
Welcome to the forum!
First, do you have any experience with electronics?
Poking around a tube amplifier can kill you even when it's turned off.
Also the value you need is 22nf /400VDC or more.
I would sell the 40CR before modding.
And then get 40C instead.

Last edited:

wrmstr55

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
First, do you have any experience with electronics?
Poking around a tube amplifier can kill you even when it's turned off.
Also the value you need is 0.22uf /400VDC or more.
I would sell the 40CR before modding.
And then get 40C instead.
Thanks!
Enough experience to do these mods I would say without getting zapped. Yeah, I'm debating that too, whether try to sell, but the market for amps around here is terrible. If I could quickly sell it, that would be ideal but I doubt it, and after this I'm done with Marshalls. But I do like to tinker with things, so I imagine I'll end up modding it.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
The boosted green channel, boosted with a clean boost pedal, gives the best tone that a stock DSL100 can deliver. In my opinion.

I have one and once I made this discovery I have no reason to ever switch to the red channel again.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Thanks!
Enough experience to do these mods I would say without getting zapped. Yeah, I'm debating that too, whether try to sell, but the market for amps around here is terrible. If I could quickly sell it, that would be ideal but I doubt it, and after this I'm done with Marshalls. But I do like to tinker with things, so I imagine I'll end up modding it.
Time to warm that solder iron;)
The boosted green channel, boosted with a clean boost pedal, gives the best tone that a stock DSL100 can deliver. In my opinion.

I have one and once I made this discovery I have no reason to ever switch to the red channel again.
If you are referring to the green ultra channel
That is true.
Before the mod it is very nice.
After the mod it is monstrous!
The red ultra channel is compressed and mooshy I don't use it.
Although after the mod is sounds much much better.

Latest posts