NAD: EVH 5150iii 50W 6L6 Combo

• Thread starter texhex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

texhex

Reaction score
Picked up this mint 2013 EVH 5150iii 50 Watt 2x12 combo for $750. Really good deal IMO.

Damn thing weights almost 90lbs. I took the amp out of the combo box and left the combo at my office where it will live permanently. Brought home just the amp to play around with.

Overall this is a great sounding amp. This thing has been reviewed to death on the internet so I'll spare you the rundown. It's bright and clear and I love the Blue channel. No boost required.

This thing is over 10 inches wide! I guess they had to make it fit in the combo.

7WVhO4Z.jpg

Checked the bias on it and it came back at 59.4. Apparently 60 is to spec so we are looking good so far.

yGXiWMb.jpg

For being made in Mexico it's a very well built, well put together amp. Everything appears to be pretty high quality material and components.

zR6pQeJ.jpg

SiRngRL.jpg

qilPsJ2.jpg

xLinrSo.jpg

0XSy80n.jpg

nbfwIIE.jpg

QxBqiEe.jpg

CgIKvuw.jpg

The tubes are no name and don't really have any markings (other than JAK 7?) but they sound great and didn't appear to have any problems. I left the amp on for 2 hours off standby before I biased it and when I started playing through it there were no issues.

0F2H1k6.jpg

cL213GS.jpg

Of course I had to profile it. ;) What a great amp. I'm stoked!

XtKkRFI.jpg

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
Blue channel voicing of the 50 watt 6L6 is what inspired the stealth 100 watt head.

dslman

Reaction score
Picked up this mint 2013 EVH 5150iii 50 Watt 2x12 combo for $750. Really good deal IMO.

Damn thing weights almost 90lbs. I took the amp out of the combo box and left the combo at my office where it will live permanently. Brought home just the amp to play around with.

Overall this is a great sounding amp. This thing has been reviewed to death on the internet so I'll spare you the rundown. It's bright and clear and I love the Blue channel. No boost required.

This thing is over 10 inches wide! I guess they had to make it fit in the combo.

7WVhO4Z.jpg

Checked the bias on it and it came back at 59.4. Apparently 60 is to spec so we are looking good so far.

yGXiWMb.jpg

For being made in Mexico it's a very well built, well put together amp. Everything appears to be pretty high quality material and components.

zR6pQeJ.jpg

SiRngRL.jpg

qilPsJ2.jpg

xLinrSo.jpg

0XSy80n.jpg

nbfwIIE.jpg

QxBqiEe.jpg

CgIKvuw.jpg

The tubes are no name and don't really have any markings (other than JAK 7?) but they sound great and didn't appear to have any problems. I left the amp on for 2 hours off standby before I biased it and when I started playing through it there were no issues.

0F2H1k6.jpg

cL213GS.jpg

Of course I had to profile it. ;) What a great amp. I'm stoked!

XtKkRFI.jpg
I'd love to have the head version, maybe someday.

texhex

Reaction score
Blue and Red Profiles attached.

Attachments

• 5150iii2x12Combo.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 3

J Saw

Reaction score
HNAD. Those chassis's do run deep. Had a 5150 III el34 and it was as deep as my cab almost.
A choke install worked great on that amp fyi. Congrats :D
edit: mine was the head version and still as deep.

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
Oh if it makes you crazy to have the shared gain/volume on ch 1 and 2 there’s a concentric pot kit that authorized dealers can install to separate them

Dmann

Reaction score
I have the 6L6 50 watt head, 2018 model with concentric gain/vol pots,

its a Beast!

I use it 4CM with an Axe-Fx II, and output to a 212 loaded with a V30 and a G12EVH.

I've played a lot of amps, this EVH build is really great! I get tons of mileage out of it, playing every genre you can name, this is one of the few amps that really can cover all the bases.

Zensee

Reaction score
Horrible amp. Just the worst. Blech!
;)
Enjoy! I got the 50 watt head and it's never leaving the stable. It's one of my favorites. I hope you have a blast with it!
:cheers:

South Park

Reaction score
Good deal those 6l6 do sound good over driven

texhex

Reaction score
I got this thing back in the combo. No wonder it has casters on it, damn thing is so heavy. What a great amp this is! Clean channel on it is actually a very good, usable clean when the gain is dialed down. I can see why they did the concentric pots on Chan 1 and 2 on the new models. There is no way you could switch between those 1 and 2 without having separate settings for Gain and Volume. This model doesn't have those but hey for $750 cash I'm not complaining. Blue and Red are where it's at anyway. I'll shoot a few more profiles tonight and post them up if anyone wants them.

IWOXzgQ.jpg

qKRuwbU.jpg

texhex

Reaction score
Red channel with the mids pushed a little.

Attachments

• EVH 5150III RED3 - 2020-05-14 22-00-47.zip
    3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts