NAD: JMD-1 2x12 100w Combo

• Thread starter Dozer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
First up!
I never played through any JMD Marshall amps.
Any they any good?

Seems to me, they probably have a ton of unnecessary pcb circuitry and not enough tubes.

Plus...
On my bass Marshall amps, the compression features usually suck.
It's a great sounding amp. It's great feeling amp. I forget about how they did it 2 seconds after plugging in every time. Of couse an amp this versatile means you can dial up sounds that suck, but that's operator error.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Got several different Marshalls, but no JMD.

I am surprised, my Origin 50 seemed very dry at first. Marshall Jackhammer fixed that.
The 50 in a 4x12 1960 cab shines.

Dozer

Reaction score
It's a great sounding amp. It's great feeling amp. I forget about how they did it 2 seconds after plugging in every time. Of couse an amp this versatile means you can dial up sounds that suck, but that's operator error.

Same when I played through it, there was no feeling or sound or anything digital. It was exactly like several good Marshall tube amps. Cant believe they discontinued that line so quickly. I have owned several popular Marshall heads and a few not so popular. 1987x 2003 JCM800, a Few DSL's etc etc

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a JMD50 head for 10 years, never had an issue with it and, once you learn how to get to the tones you like, it sounds great.
Possibly the best amp for a multi-genre cover band. GnR one tune then Nile Rodgers the next and anything in between. Has possibly the most useful boost of any amp simply by switching the loop on with the loop level set at noon, with nothing in the loop.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Yes, for an affordable Marshall, it can't be touched by any of the other models in that price range (used). I would say it's most comparable to a JVM, not all-tube, but more versatile.

Latest posts