NAD: Fender Excelsior Pro

• Thread starter Buc McMaster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Buc McMaster

Reaction score
Drove up to the big city today to visit an old friend at his music store and came home with this: Fender Excelsior Pro. Yeah, baby! 13W, 15" Eminence speaker, swampy tremolo and singing sustain. Right on the edge of breakup at 50% volume, stinging treble tone and oom-pa-pa lows, solid little amp. For a 'guitar & cable guy' this one is right up my alley! And a visual bonus: the color matches the Telecaster!

IMG_3693.jpg

Garrett

Reaction score
Had one in the past, very cool amp. I did the tone mod and tremolo mod on it. The tremeolo mod is definitely worth the effort.

jeffb

Reaction score
Congrats! Fun amp.

My Brother bought one in daphne blue years ago when they were new. He ended up with an old Gibson amp from the 40s as his #1 soon after, but he still has that excelsior. I told him if he still has it in a year or two I'll take it off his hands (when I'm in a house where I can crank it). They sound fantastic with vintage style Teles, Dynasonics, and Filtetrons (strats and humbuckers not so much , IMO).

and with that 15" greenback out now from Celestion??? hmmmmm

Reaction score
I had a non-pro for a couple years in Europe when I lived there. was my only amp, gigged it numerous times. Sold it when I left because it seemed like it would require a transformer change to work stateside. I miss it - super fun amp.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Bought one new a few years ago when GC had them on 50% closeout price. $200
Awesome looking amp inside.
Have not cranked it up much.

I think I need to.......

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
HNAD! That thing looks absolutely perfect with your Tele!

These have always caught my attention and everyone one I've played sounded great. I love the old school 40s-50s vibe especially the detail of the "accordion" input.

I almost picked one up for sub $200 years ago and probably should have!

Relic61

Reaction score
Drove up to the big city today to visit an old friend at his music store and came home with this: Fender Excelsior Pro. Yeah, baby! 13W, 15" Eminence speaker, swampy tremolo and singing sustain. Right on the edge of breakup at 50% volume, stinging treble tone and oom-pa-pa lows, solid little amp. For a 'guitar & cable guy' this one is right up my alley! And a visual bonus: the color matches the Telecaster!

View attachment 120445
That picture looked funny man, then I realized that guitar is inverted/flipped backwards! So I fixed it for ya!
1671534518139.png
Now the amp looks funny man! wtf eh???
lol
Nice cream combination btw bro! Also dig'n the direct in approach with a simple amp that just works.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Indeed we are.......an apparently vanishing breed. To these old ears there's nothing like the raw tone of a great guitar plugged into a great amp......alive, present, immediate, responsive.........in your face tone!
the dark side, consume you it will.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Happy new amp day! Man, I never even seen one of these any wheres when browsing for amps :shrug:

Relic61

Reaction score
Left handed!
LOL I didn't know they made 'left handed' amps! Sorta sounds funny, like a left handed monkey wrench or someth'n! Almost as ridiculous sounding as a left handed guitar! Hah! Who TF would ever need something as silly as that eh? LOL Like a legit guitar company would ever make that $#it! Hah!