• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD... finally a keeper

• Thread starter Timmy51
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy51

Reaction score
19677874-0614-42AD-8A35-6F584421EC36.jpeg DB532B22-FA75-4263-B1AC-293A9C64CEB4.jpeg I bought thi as a birthday present for myself. I love everything about it. Everything is usable, all the channels,reverb,all the eq’s. It’s a beautiful thing. So full and rich sounding. I should’ve just splurged from the start. Plus made in the USA.
It’ll take my awhile (years) to figure it all out but that’s a good thing.

Timmy51

Reaction score
Congrats, those are wonderful amps! I've never owned one of those but have played one many times at the local guitar shop, always sounds good no matter what settings, guitar or pedala you plug into it. One day I'll add one of these Mesas to my collection.

It’s definitely put a smile on my face. I’ve been saving and sold two Marshall’s and one Fender amp to fund it. No regrets.

ampeq

Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Nice thoughtful gift, you must have been good. I'v always wanted to try that one out myself, I like several of Mesa's combo's. I just sold my TC100 which would make a great combo. (I had the 50w combo but no power control.) I never really liked the newer Mark's for some reason, the older ones were great. Still waiting to stumble on a nice wood combo. A 2C+ would be awesome.

Timmy51

Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Nice thoughtful gift, you must have been good. I'v always wanted to try that one out myself, I like several of Mesa's combo's. I just sold my TC100 which would make a great combo. (I had the 50w combo but no power control.) I never really liked the newer Mark's for some reason, the older ones were great. Still waiting to stumble on a nice wood combo. A 2C+ would be awesome.

I’d still love to have a Mark I, maybe someday.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I've had a number of Mesa amps. They make fine products. Lately I've been warming up to my dual rectifier head now that I've been taking the time to play with the vintage mode. It's feeling like what a high gain Marshall really should be.

Not much of a fan of the raw or modern voicings, but vintage is good.

Timmy51

Reaction score
I've had a number of Mesa amps. They make fine products. Lately I've been warming up to my dual rectifier head now that I've been taking the time to play with the vintage mode. It's feeling like what a high gain Marshall really should be.

Not much of a fan of the raw or modern voicings, but vintage is good.

I’ve heard that the cleans on them are really nice as well. I’d like one of those as well.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
If you get a chance to pick up a 3 channel Recto at a good price, get it. The green channel in pushed mode is seriously underrated.

I've owned three Rectos. Two Triples, and now a Dual. All the 3 channel version. Only difference is the Triples are 150 watts, the Duals are 100.

Latest posts