• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD in the USA (Illinois) I welcomed my new JMC2000 DSL50 to the family today

• Thread starter rolijen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rolijen

Reaction score
New Amp Day! Earlier this afternoon, I took delivery of a 2005 JCM2000 Dual Super Lead 50. I needed this new rig like I need another hole in my head, but the price was fair and I've wanted a higher gain full-size rig to compliment my plexi rig. A friend has gigged with his 100 watt JCM2000 for years and I love the rich, meaty tone he gets with his so I went for this local opportunity for a 50-watt version. The amp and cabinet are pristine and have seen very little use. And it was a really good transaction with a local musician I have worked with in the past. He was kind enough to deliver and help me get the amp and cabinet into the house.

Of the many Marshall amps I've owned and played over the years, this one's tone ranks way up there. The clean and crunch found in the Classic Gain channel are killer. And the Ultra Gain channel, WOW--the lower gain setting is straight up hot JCM800. With the included straight-front 4x12 cabinet it sounds rich and chewy. Very solid tone. These are great amps. I'll keep experimenting, but so far I really like this underrated Swiss army knife of a Marshall. Very much llooking forward to getting to know this amp in coming days.

Here are some pics:
JCM2000 - 1.jpeg
JCM2000 - 2.jpeg
JCM2000 - 3.jpeg

rolijen

Reaction score
Wow, looks in great condition, congrats man!
:cheers:
Thanks, scozz. After spending a few hours with it, Im really surprised at the lack of wear on both the amp and the cab. It’s in crazy good condition. Most important, everything is tight and ship shape with no hum or scratchy pots. The original owner took great care of it.

EADGBE

Reaction score
Nice amp!

Y1JTD3L.png

rolijen

Reaction score
Played for a bit more this morning. This thing sounds great (nails that classic AC/DC tone) on the Classic Gain channel. I had the gain at about 2 o’clock And volume at 10 o’clock. Wow. And with my Klon clone pushing the front I was getting killer driven tone. Will put the Ultra Gain channel through the paces next.

i’m enjoying the tone of this amp through the matching 1960B with G12T-75s, but I am looking forward to trying it through my greenback-loaded 1960b. I use that cab with my 1987x and it’s a match made in heaven. Anxious to hear how this DSL50 sounds through the greenies.

So far, I give the DSL50 two thumbs up.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Played for a bit more this morning. This thing sounds great (nails that classic AC/DC tone) on the Classic Gain channel. I had the gain at about 2 o’clock And volume at 10 o’clock. Wow. And with my Klon clone pushing the front I was getting killer driven tone. Will put the Ultra Gain channel through the paces next.

i’m enjoying the tone of this amp through the matching 1960B with G12T-75s, but I am looking forward to trying it through my greenback-loaded 1960b. I use that cab with my 1987x and it’s a match made in heaven. Anxious to hear how this DSL50 sounds through the greenies.

So far, I give the DSL50 two thumbs up.
Agree, very underrated...and imo, more functional than any 800...especially for gigging. You should check out the 100w version...same voicing with far more power and headroom. The red OD1 channel is killer at higher volumes...try boosting it conservatively.. excellent lead boosts...This is where it distances itself...No other Marshall I know of can duplicate it...even the JVM. High gain but with traditional voicing.

rolijen

Reaction score
Not quite two weeks in and I'm really enjoying this amp and having fun getting it dialed in. Today, with Presence at noon, Treble at 1 o'clock, Middle at 3 or 4 o'clock, Bass at noon. Ultra Gain Gain at 3 o'clock, Classic Gain Gain at 1 o'clock. Im getting everything from Zeppelin to classic AC/DC tones on the Classic Channel. On the Ultra Gain channel with the switch out (Lead 1), I'm getting killer driven JCM800 tone.

It's been years since I had my SLP then later my 2203, but I do have a 1987 and the tones I'm getting from the Classic Gain channel are very plexi-like. And the JCM2000 takes drive pedals really well. With an SD-1 or Klon clone, this amp rips. I'll try to get a clip to share. Thanks for the encouragement on this sleeper amp. I'm blown away at how good it is.

nortiks

Reaction score
Not quite two weeks in and I'm really enjoying this amp and having fun getting it dialed in. Today, with Presence at noon, Treble at 1 o'clock, Middle at 3 or 4 o'clock, Bass at noon. Ultra Gain Gain at 3 o'clock, Classic Gain Gain at 1 o'clock. Im getting everything from Zeppelin to classic AC/DC tones on the Classic Channel. On the Ultra Gain channel with the switch out (Lead 1), I'm getting killer driven JCM800 tone.

It's been years since I had my SLP then later my 2203, but I do have a 1987 and the tones I'm getting from the Classic Gain channel are very plexi-like. And the JCM2000 takes drive pedals really well. With an SD-1 or Klon clone, this amp rips. I'll try to get a clip to share. Thanks for the encouragement on this sleeper amp. I'm blown away at how good it is.
Is yours new enough to not have the infamous bias drift issue? I have one coming Thursday that definitely will have it, but got a good price, its clean like yours, and me doing the low cost version of the fix that requires some skill and tools is no problem. I've always loved the way these sound when they're working properly.

Latest posts