• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD in the USA (Illinois) I welcomed my new JMC2000 DSL50 to the family today

• Thread starter rolijen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rolijen

Reaction score
Is yours new enough to not have the infamous bias drift issue? I have one coming Thursday that definitely will have it, but got a good price, its clean like yours, and me doing the low cost version of the fix that requires some skill and tools is no problem. I've always loved the way these sound when they're working properly.
Mine is a 2005. All design/manufacturing issues were resolved before then. It’s truly a great amp. As someone said earlier in this thread, it does an 800 better than an 800 and. JVM better than a JVM.

I logged many years gigging a 100-watt SLP then an 800. This JCM2000 hits hard and stays tight like a good 800. But as a bonus the classic gain channel sounds plexi-enough to really give me everything I need from edge of break-up, to dirty, to pushed JCM800 to JVM territory. It beats the JVM I had because it has plenty of gain and is quieter (dumped the JVM due to its being too noisy).

I may still be in the honeymoon phase but this jcm2000 puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up.

nortiks

Reaction score
Mine is a 2005. All design/manufacturing issues were resolved before then. It’s truly a great amp. As someone said earlier in this thread, it does an 800 better than an 800 and. JVM better than a JVM.

I logged many years gigging a 100-watt SLP then an 800. This JCM2000 hits hard and stays tight like a good 800. But as a bonus the classic gain channel sounds plexi-enough to really give me everything I need from edge of break-up, to dirty, to pushed JCM800 to JVM territory. It beats the JVM I had because it has plenty of gain and is quieter (dumped the JVM due to its being too noisy).

I may still be in the honeymoon phase but this jcm2000 puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up.
Good for you to get one without the fixer upper needs! From what I've seen, its just not a big a deal to fix the issue for someone with the skill set, even without buying the Dr. Tube kit. Under $10 for parts, a couple hours, done. But even if I have to drop $ for a new mainboard it will still be an OK price.

For cab, I built a 1936 2x12 clone years ago that's about an 1 1/2" deeper than stock and made of 7 ply instead of engineered wood (like the later 1936), its a great sounding cab that should pair well with a DSL50. Interesting cab with the extra depth/internal volume...originally had greenbacks in it and I hated it even though I really like the greenback sound in other cabs. Put the much maligned G12T75 in it and it sounds a lot like greenbacks in other cabs, records a lot like greenbacks in other cabs. Apparently the additional internal volume of the cab plus the material changes the resonance to match up with the 75 in a very good way. LOL, I knew the extra depth would make it different but it was just a guesstimate, not run thru the calculator.

nortiks

Reaction score
Was able to bring my year 2000 model DSL50 to 100% health (for $1 in parts and several hours work), and now its healthy it really, really sounds good. If Marshall hadn't botched the implementation for however many years and ruined the reputation of these, they would be highly sought after imo. Different sound than the new DSLs...

rolijen

Reaction score
Nice amp, man....

...but more importantly, are those audio casettes on that LiDEscan? :D
Thanks! And, yes. Those are indeed old audio cassettes. I had recently completed a project digitizing old family videos and audio recordings and scanning old photos. Turned out really nice!

Latest posts