• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD! JVM410HJSB limited!

• Thread starter Silverburst
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
P1080129.jpg

That is a really beautiful setup.

Gr,

Gerrit.

Silverburst

Reaction score
First impressions:
Only had about 30 min to play with it, so it is just a quicky.

Clean sounds better than expected! better than my 6100LM's clean. Quite sparkly, full... I'm curious to hear what it does combined with a DS1 or Satchurator.

Crunch is really nice! More than enough gain in there as well. In the past I always skipped crunch channels om my amps, this amp will change that ;) Very dynamic sounding

Lead channels are a step into heavier metal for sure, again more than enough gain, wouldn't know what to do with even more gain. Mid shift is a nice addition for the more heavier stuff again.

Master volumes and volume in the loop enables you to have a really nice sound at low bedroom levels which is what I hoped for. ;)

I come from years of headphone and axe fx playing so I need a little adaption time. Playing trough a live tube amp is great, more sensitive, also more dynamic, breaths more for sure. I'm used to more tighter sounding gain types, this amp sounds quite loose to me now.

Before doing any real statements, I'm gonna play with this amp for a while and adapt to it ;)

Without a reverb it is a bit on the dry side ;) I'm looking into a reverb and delay atm. Hard time choosing. Multifx or not (only in the loop)...

David Corrales

Reaction score
The Nova System from TC is a very nice, not super expensive, multi fx unit that can do what you want with ease. It also sends out MIDI channel changes which can be used to switch your amp channels on the fly!

BTW... That amp kicks serious ass!

Silverburst

Reaction score
thx ;)

Well, I was just looking into the Nova system! I was wondering if it would suck tone in the fx loop? Or even before the preamp with 4 cable method setup. I tend to avoid multi fx before the preamp. Don't know about the TC's but I had a Boss GT10 once and it seriously sucked the bite out of my tone before hittinh the preamp stage and added a touch of sterile in the fx loop as well. A decent reverb and delay are the same price as a nova system...

David Corrales

Reaction score
I use mine in the loop with not much tone changes. You'll get a lot more bang for the buck on the nova when compared to two standalone stomp boxes and no dancing when changing patches. You could get one from a store with return policy to try it out :)

KH Guitar Freak

Reaction score
First impressions:
Only had about 30 min to play with it, so it is just a quicky.

Clean sounds better than expected! better than my 6100LM's clean. Quite sparkly, full... I'm curious to hear what it does combined with a DS1 or Satchurator.

Crunch is really nice! More than enough gain in there as well. In the past I always skipped crunch channels om my amps, this amp will change that ;) Very dynamic sounding

Lead channels are a step into heavier metal for sure, again more than enough gain, wouldn't know what to do with even more gain. Mid shift is a nice addition for the more heavier stuff again.

Master volumes and volume in the loop enables you to have a really nice sound at low bedroom levels which is what I hoped for. ;)

I come from years of headphone and axe fx playing so I need a little adaption time. Playing trough a live tube amp is great, more sensitive, also more dynamic, breaths more for sure. I'm used to more tighter sounding gain types, this amp sounds quite loose to me now.

Before doing any real statements, I'm gonna play with this amp for a while and adapt to it ;)

Without a reverb it is a bit on the dry side ;) I'm looking into a reverb and delay atm. Hard time choosing. Multifx or not (only in the loop)...

Luckily for us still alive, so many great reverb and delay units out there right now. A good one and relatively inexpensive unit is the Hardwire Reverb that was built in conjunction with ProGuitarShop (not sure what the actual model name is called, can't remember). Even the Eventide Space is good. The Strymon Blue Sky is great if you need the modulating reverb sound...

Delay wise, so many choices again. You can't go wrong with the Eventide Timefactor or Strymon Timeline. Too many choices I'd say...

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The Nova System doesnt suck tone at all. I play JVM into a Nova Sys. It doesnt have 4 cable hook-up wither. Just stick it in the loop and use the Line (not the Drive) input. Sounds very very nice. Killer Verb's and Delays in this unit.

slippyB

Reaction score
The Nova System doesnt suck tone at all. I play JVM into a Nova Sys. It doesnt have 4 cable hook-up wither. Just stick it in the loop and use the Line (not the Drive) input. Sounds very very nice. Killer Verb's and Delays in this unit.

Ditto! though i use an FCB1010 to control it all