NAD Marshall 1975 Super Lead MKII

• Thread starter PentodeLicious
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Aracom attenuator and you’re done
I believe you when you say it is great, also someone else recommended it as well.
However the price is the same as getting new amp.
I can get 1987X in this price. add PPIMV and there is no need for attenuator.
I know it won't sound as good as my 1975 JMP but at bedroom level the difference won't be that big.

I pretty much solved the the bedroom level playing times issue by putting amp in a box pedal in front of it
(try REVV G4, Wampler Triple wreck, MXR evh 5150...).
When no one at home, in the morning I crank the volume to get the full JMP experience:cool:

losrack

Reaction score
I believe you when you say it is great, also someone else recommended it as well.
However the price is the same as getting new amp.
I can get 1987X in this price. add PPIMV and there is no need for attenuator.
I know it won't sound as good as my 1975 JMP but at bedroom level the difference won't be that big.

I pretty much solved the the bedroom level playing times issue by putting amp in a box pedal in front of it
(try REVV G4, Wampler Triple wreck, MXR evh 5150...).
When no one at home, in the morning I crank the volume to get the full JMP experience:cool:
I hear you yes the aracom is not cheap but has so many options and attenuation levels that is just a very very good box for rehearsing or recording and obviously playing at some places that won’t let you go high in volume.
Some day maybe

Ken Bob

Reaction score
Thanks!.
No I am not touching this beauty.
Any recommendations for a good attenuator?
I only have bugera attenuator and i'm not running my baby thru this pos.

Here is a really quicky demo.
Bear in mind I was not really able to proper set the sound because...
This amp is loud as **** :Dmy room is tiny and I live in an apartment building.
This is only at volume 2 with channels jumpered!

I use an original Marshall Power Brake with both my '73 1959 Super Lead and my '79 JMP 2203. Works and sounds great.

Sweet amp, congrats!

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I don't think the preamp sockets have been replaced, because they're riveted in as per original factory installed ones.

Who's such a maniac, such a stickler for detail, that he'll replace sockets and rivet them in with the same rivets Marshall used?

Other than me, that is? :cool:

I don't understand technicians who will replace two out of five capacitors that are all equally old and equally worn. Makes NO sense, not when it comes to power supply filter caps.

The bias caps should be replaced with correct types, too. If it hasn't been done already.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
I don't think the preamp sockets have been replaced, because they're riveted in as per original factory installed ones.

Who's such a maniac, such a stickler for detail, that he'll replace sockets and rivet them in with the same rivets Marshall used?

Other than me, that is? :cool:

I don't understand technicians who will replace two out of five capacitors that are all equally old and equally worn. Makes NO sense, not when it comes to power supply filter caps.

The bias caps should be replaced with correct types, too. If it hasn't been done already.
Yes you are correct!
I learned that after I posted that message.
I took a second look and indeed the preamp sockets are original.
I could see the solder that was left on pin 9.

As for the filtering capacitors.
My guess original owner aim was to keep it as original as possible(or maybe being cheap?).
This I know, The tech tested the old filter capacitors and they were found to be OK.
Hopefully I'll have some spare time soon and be brave enough to replace them...
I don't know... the amp sounds epic. I'm afraid to touch it.
The bias caps although not axial are fine.
This amp stays with me so I don't really care if they are not axial as per originals.