• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD: Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X re-issue

• Thread starter CreepBG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Look what the UPS guy brought me today: the ugly bastard of JCM 800 - it's the Silver Jubilee 2555X re-issue:

View attachment 85036

Born in week 26 of 2020 in England, UK.

Never touched a Silver Jube before, can someone confirm that the pots for the Output Master and the Input Gain feel different (I know they are different due to push-pull, but they also feel kind of strange when turning compared to the other dials). All other pots are Marshall quality ones, but those two feel cheap and kind of light, but not in a good way.

Been looking for one of these for several months already before finally pulling the trigger. Very much like the tones out of it and also very easy to dial for low-level ear-friendly volume. The EQ actually works, as opposed to my other Marshalls (JCM 900 from the pic above and Studio Classic SC20H). Quite happy with the purchase!
Why the ugly bastard remark ?

Silverburst

Reaction score
Revive of this thread as I'm in the market for a 2555x or SC20H. How do you like both and how do they compare? Any favorite? thx!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Revive of this thread as I'm in the market for a 2555x or SC20H. How do you like both and how do they compare? Any favorite? thx!
Boy, quite different critters.
The larger iron of tne 100 watts just has more thump.
What kind of music or style? Gigging it?

Jubilee is 2 channel obviously, can go clean to really saturated and the Jubes have less right bite than an 800. Really responsive Eq.
SC has that 800 growl and the ability to run at 5 watts. Single channel of course like the old 800s.
Do you want channel switching? Shared gain makes Jubilee a ilitle cumbersome, granted.
You have to listen to them. I have both. An original 50 watt Jubilee 2x12 amd the mini head. Mini has a bit less lowend.
Also an old 4010 plus the SC20.
Both series are IMO almost extremes in the Marshall camp because Jube is so different tonally from other Marshalls.mid control almost seems like a low mid, the mid on my 6101 for example almost seems like a treble control.

Silverburst

Reaction score
Boy, quite different critters.
The larger iron of tne 100 watts just has more thump.
What kind of music or style? Gigging it?

Jubilee is 2 channel obviously, can go clean to really saturated and the Jubes have less right bite than an 800. Really responsive Eq.
SC has that 800 growl and the ability to run at 5 watts. Single channel of course like the old 800s.
Do you want channel switching? Shared gain makes Jubilee a ilitle cumbersome, granted.
You have to listen to them. I have both. An original 50 watt Jubilee 2x12 amd the mini head. Mini has a bit less lowend.
Also an old 4010 plus the SC20.
Both series are IMO almost extremes in the Marshall camp because Jube is so different tonally from other Marshalls.mid control almost seems like a low mid, the mid on my 6101 for example almost seems like a treble control.

Thanx JR for chiming in. yeah I hear ya. might be a strange question. yet a jube is based on a jcm. I'd like em both but only budget for one. I do have a jvm410h I'm not 'that' happy with. I do like OD1 orange quite a bit, but the crunch channel is useless to me. I'm pulled more towards the SC20h currently.