• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Need help finding 'The Sound'

• Thread starter VintageTone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VintageTone

Reaction score
ok, so i'm probably asking the impossible here, but here we go
i play in a 5 piece band, i play an epi les paul (with seymours) and Marshall haze 40c, the tone im looking for can be found in these videos:

Video 1)
One Night Only Just For Tonight Music Video on MUZU TV. One Night Only Music Videos

Video 2)
One Night Only He's There Music Video on MUZU TV. One Night Only Music Videos

Video 3)
One Night Only You and Me Music Video on MUZU TV. One Night Only Music Videos

im looking into the market for a new distortion/overdrive pedal, don't know if that will help me
and i understand that people should find there own sound, i'm not looking for an exact replica of the tone in the videos, it just works with the band set up and sound were going for
any feedback i get back is greatly appriciated, thanks :)

nedcronin

Reaction score
You can't get the distortion you want from the haze? I'm not a big fan of pedals but I saw a band a couple weeks ago and one of the guitar players was using a Fulltone OCD....sounded awesome and he was using a Fender deluxe set up whistle clean so all the OD came from the pedal. Wasn't a cheesy sound at all...very thick

Latest posts