New 1 Watt Amp Day

• Thread starter royslead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gianni

Reaction score
Do I need bias adjustment to change all valves?

I want the gain channel to have less gain.

Thank you and please reply in Spanish.

No bias adjustment required.

You should be able to try a tube with a lower gain-factor in either the V4 or V2 positions of the pre-amp section, but this is not something I have tried myself.
(www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Guitar-Amp-Info/Gain-Factor)

I wish I could, mate! ;)
(https://translate.google.es)

JVM-1H%20Tube%20Layout.png

royslead

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. If you change all the valves (v1 v2 v3 v4 v5) you have to adjust bias ?. What is the valve that will influence the gain channel of the amplifier? What type of valve do I have to put in order to achieve less distortion in the gain channel (mark and model) and in what position (v1 v2 v3 v4 or v5?). If I change the five valves, do you have to adjust bias? Thank you
please spanish
Gracias por las respuestas. Si cambio todas las válvulas (v1 v2 v3 v4 v5) hay que ajustar bias?. Cual es la válvula que va a influir en el canal gain del amplificador?. Que tipo de válvula tengo que poner para lograr menos distorsion en el canal gain (marca y modelo ) y en que posición (v1 v2 v3 v4 o v5?). Si cambio las cinco valvulas hay que ajustar bias? gracias

Hola, yo hablo Espanol, pero no muy bueno y muy poco. Cambia las valvulas: v2 y v4 a 12AT7, o solamente valvula v2 a 12AT7. No hay que ajustar bias, no es necessario con esta amplificador.

Last edited:

Gianni

Reaction score
Hola, yo hablo Espanol, pero no muy bueno y muy poco. Cambia las valvulas: v1 y v2 a 12AT7, o solamente valvula v1 a 12AT7. No hay que ajustar bias, no es necessario con esta amplificador.

¡Bien hecho! :thumb:

Please change V1 to V4 in your post, as according to the designer of the JVM-1 “V4 and V2 are the 4 gain stages, V3 is the tone control and FX loop cathode follower buffers, V5 is the phase splitter and V1 is the output tube”, as they are also shown in the photo in my previous post.
(http://musiciansroadhouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=17945#p159904)

Si cambio las cinco valvulas hay que ajustar bias?
No
Cual es la válvula que va a influir en el canal gain del amplificador?
V4 y V2
Que tipo de válvula tengo que poner para lograr menos distorsion en el canal gain (marca y modelo)?
JJ 5751
- www.jj-electronic.com/en/5751
- www.jjtubes.eu/preamplifying-tubes/5751
Y en que posición?
V4 o V2 o (V4 y V2)

royslead

Reaction score
¡Bien hecho! :thumb:

Please change V1 to V4 in your post, as according to the designer of the JVM-1 “V4 and V2 are the 4 gain stages, V3 is the tone control and FX loop cathode follower buffers, V5 is the phase splitter and V1 is the output tube”, as they are also shown in the photo in my previous post.
(http://musiciansroadhouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=17945#p159904)

Fixed! Thanks, must have mixed that up somehow. By the way, the honeymoon phase is back. I have spent more significant time with the amp, adjusting eq and the like. It really is a great amp to practice with. I have been running it on its own, into a 1x12 and using the .1 Watt setting, while practicing later in the evening. No complaints.

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
I let a jvm combo and head slide by a month ago..
A DSL combo popped up for $450 today...So that's on its way...
If another jvm comes up for around that price, I'll grab that too.

royslead

Reaction score
¿cuales son las 3 valvulas de pre y cuales son las 2 valvulas de potencia? ¿Qué pasa si cambio la valvula pashe inversor por una 12at7?. también cambiaría v2 y v4 por 12ay7 que resultado lograría.

Las valvulas de pre son v2 y v4. No cambies v3
La valvula de potencia es solamente v1
Si Cambio la valvula pashe inversor a 12AT7, ganancia global podria volverse menos, pero posible demasiado poco. Darle una oportunidad.

Sailindawg

Reaction score

Looking at Gianni's labeled picture, I'd say that there are no matched pairs of tubes in the amp. Looking at V2 & V4, that's the gain stages, those could be a matched pair. I don't think so.

The phase inverter might actually impart a different tone to amp if you use a 12AX7 with unbalanced triode. Dogs of Doom used an entirely different tube than a 12ax7 for the phase inverter and very much liked the results.

I wouldn't try to match tubes (valves) in this amp. It's a small amp. The unmatched tubes may impart a different tone than the stock tubes to the amp or make no difference at all. Most sellers of tubes up charge for a matched set. The only tubes that I could see being matched would be power tubes. But in this amp, there is only one power tube.

Gianni

Reaction score
The only tubes that I could see being matched would be power tubes. But in this amp, there is only one power tube.

Balanced tubes (with matched triodes) are also available to buy, which some people use in the Phase Inverter position and/or as the Power tube, but I prefer the tone I get with ‘unmatched’/’unbalanced’ ones in all positions.

- www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Matching-and-other-tube-info/Power-Tube-Matching
- www.thetubestore.com/Resources/Matching-and-other-tube-info/Matched-Sections-Service

Drinkingdeath01

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up the cheapy Vietnam DSL head the other day because it was cheap and I'm blown away. I've had a couple of the early versions of the 100 watt DSLs and I didn't like them. This little bugger though rocks. I wish I would've snatched up the JCM800 model before they were gone.