new 5w AFD combo at NAMM

• Thread starter nauc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snakeface

Reaction score
why would they release a head when they released the AFD100 ?!?!....if you want a Slash signature head, go buy the AFD100 or the 2555SL...the AFD100 even has EPA to play at bedroom levels.

kelv_w

Reaction score
I see it different. I'd much rather they do a low watt head that is NOT a sig. and I believe they will/are.

There is the 1watt series, plenty of options to choose from that's not a sig. This is just essentially a low watt afd with a few extras. I would expect it to sound similar to its big brother. Besides wouldn't there be a conflict of interest if Marshall releases a mass produced head vs. the limited head?

I would definitely get one and it's easier to lug around than the afd100 head.

Username2

Reaction score
What if the sound of this thing is killer? Sig aside?

It is killer, once the video demos start hitting the skeptics will change their tune. If the amp sucked I would say so. Both channels are impressive. The $699 is a bargain...mark it down.

Username2

Reaction score
I'm not sure why that would matter....did u confirm this with a rep or is it just speculation?

Confirmed.

Also it would be loud enough for rehearing. ..no problem unless your drummer is a crack head.

nightrain

Reaction score
why would they release a head when they released the AFD100 ?!?!....if you want a Slash signature head, go buy the AFD100 or the 2555SL...the AFD100 even has EPA to play at bedroom levels.

because the afd100 is nearly $3000

although im happy with the combo myself, if it sounds great

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Because everyone can afford a $2000 amp head, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Leddyman

Reaction score
Will you be able to change the tubes in this thing without having to take it apart like the Class 5?

Reactions: brp

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
On top of the use of an EL34, the other thing I like about the amp is that it goes back to the aesthetics of the original Valvestates with the angled control plate.

kelv_w

Reaction score
Will you be able to change the tubes in this thing without having to take it apart like the Class 5?

I'm pretty sure it'll be easy access.

IMG_0421.jpg

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
I wonder if the combo speaker will work when hooked up to an extension cabinet. That would be pretty cool.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HmHJXkhRk8]Namm 2013: Marshall SL-5 Slash Signature combo Amplifier - YouTube[/ame]

lowinput

Reaction score
Thank goodness once again slash comes through with the goods! solid back, 12inch speaker, valves, reverb. It's almost jtm30 like. this thing should be REALLY good.

Now all I need is some slightly damaged ones and I'll get it cheaper.