• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New 800 for Zakk!!??

• Thread starter Chadman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cagamp1

Reaction score
Other manufacturers are using grating. Why not? It does give a little added protection from goof-balls.

They should add a few more decore options.
Maybe try steel bars or fiberglass mesh. Some might like satin or 100% Egytian cotton. It's the buyer's choice.

I notice a lot of artist even putting lighting kits in the front line.

Just to be different...:):headbanger::):headbanger::)

Trypticon

Reaction score
well then he lied in my article....not much of a surprise that a rockstar would "bend" the truth. I guess he googled it and saw the opportunity to make more money off of an amp that's functionaly no different than his other 2203's ergo all the "hype" surrounding it. I for one think it's FUGLY but, i love his skill and tone.I'd just assume by a 2203 and do it up myslef( FOR my tastes) for the money they all cost but, i am not one for signature gear.
basicaly, you're dissputing Zakk, not me. I've got the article and if he changed his mind so be it. I like his other ones better though:/
Also....screw "seniorty" a point made's a point made. so i've been here longer....i'll take a cookie and go on my way....and only cuz i'm fat and ate my dinner good so i EARNED the cookie damnit.

Dont know if "lied" would be a proper assumption....he may not have been at liberty to talk about it fully at the time. how old is your article because he tweeted half way through Jan sometime that there are going to be a production run.

Trypticon

Reaction score
Other manufacturers are using grating. Why not? It does give a little added protection from goof-balls.

They should add a few more decore options.
Maybe try steel bars or fiberglass mesh. Some might like satin or 100% Egytian cotton. It's the buyer's choice.

I notice a lot of artist even putting lighting kits in the front line.

Just to be different...:):headbanger::):headbanger::)

Check out the prototype.....

This could have been the "one off" he was talking about in the other interview

Attachments

• SC proto.jpg
    SC proto.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 51

drewz120

Reaction score
Here is a pic i got from the concert. I zoomed in so hopefully all can be seen

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-04 at 6.44.25 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-02-04 at 6.44.25 PM.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 57

cagamp1

Reaction score
Check out the prototype.....

This could have been the "one off" he was talking about in the other interview

Yes, that is a heavier, more compact mesh. And, it could be painted to your liking very easily.

Could you imagine a wall with WyckedLester's Clown Face on them or something like that? That would be kick-assss.

Just being funny...but your user name...are you a capacitor manufacturer or a Transformer? Ha, Ha Ha. My user name is plain jane nothin special. Yours is trippy!:):lol::)

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont know if "lied" would be a proper assumption....he may not have been at liberty to talk about it fully at the time. how old is your article because he tweeted half way through Jan sometime that there are going to be a production run.
it's pre january i know that much. well....being at liberty to talk about then he should have stated that. if it is the same amp and he gave two different statements about it dictates one being a lie from a logical standpoint regardless. a lie is a lie wether you're supposed to talk about it or not lol.
anyway, i'm pretty sure it's the same amp and i could care less wether he was lying or otherwise. if it's released then cool, my only point was that according to his sttatement in an article i have it wasn't to be marketed and was a one off for his tour and IF it's the same amp then it IS being marketed apparently. More power to him and Marshall, i'm sure it'll garner some coin.

JayCM800

Reaction score
It seem this version only has one input (probably high sensitivity, a la 2203KK).

Those tubes in drewz120's pic look like kt88s to me! (what do the experts say?)

Who knows what could be lurking in the back panel (YJM style, anyone?)

I just love 800's, one with the recent innovations (self bias, power scaling, noise gate...plus FX loop, boost...) would be a good reason to hit my credit card account again!

IT GOES TO ELEVEN!! LOL:lol:

drewz120

Reaction score
attachment.php

I tried to zoom in even more for a better view.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-05 at 8.02.55 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-02-05 at 8.02.55 PM.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 81

Murmel

Reaction score
Posted this back when I saw them in October:

http://www.marshallforum.com/cellar/19465-black-label-society-concert-marshall-pictures-ensue.html

Also, talked to Zakk on twitter and he confirmed that the "Steel Curtain" amps are in the works with Marshall as we speak. Personally, I love the way they look but I"m a 20 year old metal head who isn't afraid of change haha

Well that's how things have to be.

I am getting old, and to be honest, I still miss Randy.

Anyway, I will see Zakk in March.

Murmel

Reaction score
Ah btw. those correcting me that the new model looks more like a Krank than like a Engl are right, of course.
When I need ENGL sound I just plug my 530 Preamp into the effects return of the ZW.
Makes it a nice hi gain amp, with classic looks :)

Dave666

Reaction score
I was listening to 'No rest for the wicked' today and noticed how Zakk's sound was more Marshall. You can hear he's just pushing a 2203 with his OD/EMG's and fingers...
I actually like the earlier Zakk's sound more!!!!