• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New 800 for Zakk!!??

• Thread starter Chadman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chadman

Reaction score
Hey guys! Check this out (sorry if this has already been talked about)

Its looks to me like they have re-vamped Zakk’s sig 800! It also looks like there are taking the concept from the 2203kk, I wonder if it’s also got more gain on tap and a gate? Check out this link below at around 2:50. Anyway if this goes to production it could cause some serious damage to my wallet!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OSutzkluHY&feature=related]YouTube - Black Label Society - The Beginning... At Last High Voltage Festival London 24/07/10[/ame]

For the record, I love that new Gibson he’s playing…but I think it looks stupid with the custom head stock…a Gibson Flying V head stock would have made that guitar look a million times better. (just saying)

Murmel

Reaction score
Won´t hurt my wallet, I like the looks of my old 2203zw much better, the new one looks like an ENGL.

2203zw.jpg

IbanezMark

Reaction score
They've got the Krank look going on.
Gotta say, I think I'm a fan of the old one still

Dave666

Reaction score
The older ones look better, but if the new ones sound similar, I might get one

ItsChrispyTv

Reaction score
Well im seeing them in like 15 days so i'll let you know what it sounds like. I don't know how much i'll hear though, black label are notorious for cranking everything up, it will just sound like this
buszjudifnoiwefuwefeiowufhPINCHuhwefihwfiwuhfHARMONICiuhqwfiuhqfBENDoqhfuiehfiuPINCHiuefiuewWAHHisuhfuiwehfew
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chadman

Reaction score
It would be cool to see it being a non limited run unlike the first ones were, and always be available like the 2203KK is.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
they're a custom one off he had done with Marshall. They're the same 800's/2203's though just cosmetics.

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Well im seeing them in like 15 days so i'll let you know what it sounds like. I don't know how much i'll hear though, black label are notorious for cranking everything up, it will just sound like this
buszjudifnoiwefuwefeiowufhPINCHuhwefihwfiwuhfHARMONICiuhqwfiuhqfBENDoqhfuiehfiuPINCHiuefiuewWAHHisuhfuiwehfew
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You forgot to add a "SQUEAL!" every 6 seconds for Zakks pinch harmonics.

Chadman

Reaction score
they're a custom one off he had done with Marshall. They're the same 800's/2203's though just cosmetics.

I don't know about that...if you pause the video at the super close up of it, it looks like there is 'something' there, a button? a knob? who knows but there is something there right by the input...unless that is the input? it's hard to tell 'cause there no cord plugged in? I'm sure he's got his old ones on the back line anyway.

kamran

Reaction score
agreed, looks pretty damn ugly in my opinion, but then again ive never liked zakks image. damn good player though.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that...if you pause the video at the super close up of it, it looks like there is 'something' there, a button? a knob? who knows but there is something there right by the input...unless that is the input? it's hard to tell 'cause there no cord plugged in? I'm sure he's got his old ones on the back line anyway.
I have an article where Zakk talks about it in GW.

he was asked if it was some special edition and if it was to be released and he said no, it's a one off custom deal i got made for the berzerkus(pretty sure it was berzurkus anyway) tour. They're standard ZW 2203's with cosmetics to match my theme on the road.

Trypticon

Reaction score
I have an article where Zakk talks about it in GW.

he was asked if it was some special edition and if it was to be released and he said no, it's a one off custom deal i got made for the berzerkus(pretty sure it was berzurkus anyway) tour. They're standard ZW 2203's with cosmetics to match my theme on the road.

Hate to dispute a senior member while I am still new to this place...but, Zakk has stated on his twitter page the "Steele Curtain" will be available to the population and more info will be released sometime here in feb.

and BTW, they go to 11!!!! and I am not kidding!

Attachments

• IC.jpg
    IC.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 41

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to dispute a senior member while I am still new to this place...but, Zakk has stated on his twitter page the "Steele Curtain" will be available to the population and more info will be released sometime here in feb.

and BTW, they go to 11!!!! and I am not kidding!
well then he lied in my article....not much of a surprise that a rockstar would "bend" the truth. I guess he googled it and saw the opportunity to make more money off of an amp that's functionaly no different than his other 2203's ergo all the "hype" surrounding it. I for one think it's FUGLY but, i love his skill and tone.I'd just assume buy a 2203 and do it up myslef( FOR my tastes) for the money they all cost but, i am not one for signature gear.
basicaly, you're dissputing Zakk, not me. I've got the article and if he changed his mind so be it. I like his other ones better though:/
Also....screw "seniorty" a point made's a point made. so i've been here longer....i'll take a cookie and go on my way....and only cuz i'm fat and ate my dinner good so i EARNED the cookie damnit.

Last edited:

Trypticon

Reaction score
Check it out, I'm sure most of you guys will get the joke :lol:

Attachments

• sc 11.jpg
    sc 11.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 66