New Amp Day: Brad Whitford's (Aerosmith) 1968/69 Super Lead

• Thread starter God of Thunder
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Randy Rhoads is the reason I started playing but Joe Perry is who I always wanted to be. Except for the years of horrible addiction.

This amp is such an awesome score. 👍
dude has great tone and can really play. why de doesnt get the respect i do not know.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Every so often you come across one that you "have" to have. This was that amp. I've been an Aerosmith fan since I was 10, and they've been my #1 ever since. When I got a message from a friend (who ironically is into drums) that Brad Whitford was selling him some stuff with documentation, I had to jump on the chance. I had to sell the "farm" to get it including my Custom Shop Les Paul, my 1981 JCM800, my JCM2000, and a few other odds and ends, but to me - this is a museum piece. I spoke with Trace Foster (Brad's guitar tech, and now has joined with Ronnie Wood) about this amp - and he says its a 1968. The serial number and several key members here believe it's an early 69. So I think it's probably a late 68/early 69.

It finally arrived yesterday with an amazing road case. Both the amp and the case have traveled the world together. Trace could not recall how long BW had this amp, but its entirely possible that this was used on many of the early Aerosmith records. Many of you have seen some pictures in other threads while I verified it was kosher on the inside, but now I can tell you a little more history about it!

It's without a doubt the LOUDEST amp I've ever had - granted my other two super leads have MV's on them, this one really shakes the walls before it starts to break-up. I've filmed a short video that I'm still editing to put on YouTube, so I look forward to sharing that. If anyone here wants to look into some other gear from Brad Whitford, let me know via PM as I don't know if its okay to post his information here.

RUebt6ph.jpg

Q4KMfrth.jpg

7DAdUldh.jpg

r1qQyu2h.jpg

dEFAp88h.jpg

kgAIn1Gh.jpg

vIVJt7wh.jpg

Bm1oaomh.jpg
I’d be thrilled just to own a early Marshall Super Lead, the history and great condition of your amp tales it over-the-top cool.

Congratulations!