New Dsl20hr, And A Problem...

• Thread starter JuSu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2018 dsl
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JBA

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Armando, postagem: 1945902, membro: 55209"] [ATTACH = completo] 69498 [/ ATTACH]

Eu entendo o que é esse C4 e você tem que trocá-lo por outro igual (mas funciona bem claro).

Alguém sabe como encontrar exatamente essa peça oline?

Atenciosamente. [/ QUOTE]

Armando, conseguiu entender o que fazer? Acho que tem que trocar o capacitor e resistores juntos, mas por outros valores, só não sei quais...
Il semble que la fonction de traduction ne fonctionne pas correctement aujourd'hui.

:p

JBA

Reaction score
Note to self:
1. Not going to make it big playing guitar.
2. Not going to make it as a comedian.
3. Stop posting now.
4. Go play guitar.

Sorry, I’m in self isolation. Just did the whole Sc20 thread (242 pages) in two days pretty sure I’m loosing my mind lol!

My dsl20 worked from day one. No issues. I love it. I get sounds pretty close to my JCM 800 but the bass has to be turned almost right off (on the dsl!).

Last edited:

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Eu entendo o que é esse C4 e você tem que trocá-lo por outro igual (mas funciona bem claro).

Alguém sabe como encontrar exatamente essa peça oline?

Atenciosamente. [/ QUOTE]

Armando, conseguiu entender o que fazer? Acho que tem que trocar o capacitor e resistores juntos, mas por outros valores, só não sei quais...
Google translation:
I understand what is this C4 and you have to exchange it for another equal (but it works pretty clear).
Does anyone know how to find exactly this piece oline?
Best regards.
Armando, did you figure out what to do? I think you have to change the capacitor and resistors together, but for other values, I just don't know which ones...

Welcome to the MF @ISRAEL MENDES :welcome:

Brek

Reaction score
Gosh, not sure i'd have ordered one if i'd read all this, i got mine about 2 months ago, thankfully non of the issues described here afflict mine, only thing i have noticed is the transformer hum is louder than i am used to, sounds like actual transformer, as is coming from amp, not through the speakers, which is annoying when amp is on and running into a load box and headphones.

JBA

Reaction score
Gosh, not sure i'd have ordered one if i'd read all this, i got mine about 2 months ago, thankfully non of the issues described here afflict mine, only thing i have noticed is the transformer hum is louder than i am used to, sounds like actual transformer, as is coming from amp, not through the speakers, which is annoying when amp is on and running into a load box and headphones.
I had the same thing where my tx was vibrating causing a small hum via the enclosure. Thought about mounting it on rubber mounts but it really isn’t loud enough for me to bother doing that. Thankfully none of the other issues some folks experienced.

wiibur

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to solve the wind/rustling issue in a DSL5C? Which cap needs to be replaced?

AceIt

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread.

But I receveid my brand new dsl 20 hr a couple of days ago and the hiss/noise is still present in actual production. Mine is 5/2021.

As I don't like the sound "out of the box" too, being way too shrill, with definitely less sustain and harmonics complexity compared to my peavey classic 20 mh I'm thinking to return it straight on.

reading this post gave me some hope...

so I 'm giving the valves couple of days "burn in" with signal though the aux in and a power attenuator out... in order to understand if the sound smooth a little and increase presence and "quality"..

If it's so... maybe I will go the "swap" route with the seller until I will receive a silent " no hiss" unit..

or I will swap it with another model... namely a mini silver jub 2525h..

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

But I receveid my brand new dsl 20 hr a couple of days ago and the hiss/noise is still present in actual production. Mine is 5/2021.

As I don't like the sound "out of the box" too, being way too shrill, with definitely less sustain and harmonics complexity compared to my peavey classic 20 mh I'm thinking to return it straight on.

so I 'm giving the valves couple of days "burn in" with signal though the aux in and a power attenuator out... in order to understand if the sound smooth a little and increase presence and "quality"..

If it's so... maybe I will go the "swap" route with the seller until I will receive a silent " ho hiss" unit..

:welcome: to the forum.
Lots of solutions to try if you're stuck with a noisy amp.
If it's brand new, an exchange may be the best solution.
I have a 2020 DSL20HR that I picked up used in mint condition - never had a hiss issue.
The 2525H would be a bit of an upgrade, and a hit to the wallet.
Hope you can get it sorted out.

JBA

Reaction score

If it's so... maybe I will go the "swap" route with the seller until I will receive a silent " no hiss" unit..

Oh man that sucks. I’d go swap it, and plug the next one in right in the store because the hiss/wind could be tubes but in many cases with this model it has been the amp...

Last edited:

Latest posts