New Gibson Jimmy Page double neck

• Thread starter StrummerJoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I had an Epi version years ago. Not the same but the same neck joint design. Atrocious access to higher frets, just a ridiculous design.
Double necks are fun but not this, not even, honestly, for 2k.

giphy.gif

anitoli

Reaction score
True the Gibson is not with out it's shortcomings but the look is classic. From a playability standpoint my Carvin DN 6/12 is a much better guitar. Neck through, 22 fret access, plenty of tonal options, but made of solid maple and heavier than a Gibson. Can't win, lol.

20210531_001844.jpg

20210531_001755.jpg

Tederoni

Reaction score
I wish they would put out a more accurate JP Les Paul in good enough numbers it isn't $25,000, but no; we get this.

V-man

Reaction score
IMG_9823.jpeg

This was the jerk-off of my generation (well, technically Lita Ford was) and it was Mustaine playing In My Darkest Hour, not Jimmy climbing stairways. It was no less iconic in my eyes back when and insanely cooler in every way, but you couldn’t put the pair together and justify anything near that bullshit price. Toss in a JP burst and a San Dimas KV-1 and maybe $50k begins to make sense.

Moose Coghill

Reaction score
Moose Hut Studio - Amherst, VA 24521 - USA
I got one in the 70s for songs like Stairway and Madame Blue. The six string was difficult to play leads on and at best unpleasant to play. Opted instead for an Ovation 12 string strapped over top of my Les Paul. The round back kept it off of the LP, and I could sling it around behind me when not needed or just mute it with my arm when reaching for the LP - depending upon the song. Installed a mini-switch to kill the Ovation signal/battery for practical reasons. Still have it.

This new one is for rich collectors... of course. Cheers

Spooky88

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought a scratch and dent white Epiphone 1275 from Musicians friend for 500$ worth of backstage points. It’s mint, had a minor scratch I buffed out. I reset the action, truss Rod and intonation on the 12 string neck to see if it was a “Player” and lo and behold. It is! I haven’t gotten the 6 string to where I want it, yet. But all things in time. Too many other projects take precedent. “Hotel California” is just around the corner….

NumbSkull

Reaction score