New guy here (lots of marshall vids)

• Thread starter bluesymetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bluesymetal

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum, but have been a Marshall guy for years, I've tried other stuff, even Marshall based, like splawn, mesa stiletto, laney, etc. but keep coming back. My first real tube amp was a dsl 100. I've since had 2 dsl's a 2203, a 2205, a JVM 410 and 205, and now a 2204. Been in a band with a guy with a TSL and recorded my old bands demo with a Silver Jubilee, which I think is the best amp Marshall ever made. My favorite bands are ACDC, Van Halen, GnR, Thin Lizzy, Maiden, etc.... so yeah wonder why I like Marshall's lol.

Here's some video's I have, there are more on my youtube for those interested:

live with a JVM 205:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yez6EJbBSvw]‪DownStruck at the Colonial Theatre 3/26/11 KickDown‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

JVM at home:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGDkizgu3E]‪Marshall JVM 205 Van Halen Some body get me a doctor‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2203, boosted and stacked boosts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMVfqBgjcIc]‪JCM 800 Guns N Roses Nightrain‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v4YX4Ajt1s]‪Marshall JCM 800 Boss SD-1 & Surreal More Pedal‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You can hear that jubilee at my old band site: DownStruck | Philadelphia, PA | Rock / Hard Rock / Heavy Metal | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

I'll be doing my new bands demo with this 2203 too. Hope to have some fun conversation here!:cheers:

dptone5

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum! I'm just up the road in Lancaster. Nice tone and vids. Look me up in YouTube and I'll do the same....

bluesymetal

Reaction score
I'm actually in Jersey but I've been up to Lancaster before, I'll look you up!

dptone5

Reaction score
I'm actually in Jersey but I've been up to Lancaster before, I'll look you up!

I recently posted a 2203X clip here on the forum. Visit my page and you can look up threads started by me. From there you can click on the Youtube title in the thread. As you navigate around the forum, you will be able to learn a lot about topics and meet some really great guys!

guitargoalie

Reaction score
cool stuff man, i like your song building up, and the singer has a cool modern rock feel. Since you've been able to experience all the marshalls that im interested in buying, do you feel its worth it to wait for used silver jubilee opportunity over a dsl or jvm?

bluesymetal

Reaction score
cool stuff man, i like your song building up, and the singer has a cool modern rock feel. Since you've been able to experience all the marshalls that im interested in buying, do you feel its worth it to wait for used silver jubilee opportunity over a dsl or jvm?

The dsl and jvm are both gonna be cheaper and easier to find. It kind of depends on what kind of music you are doing too, the jub doesn't have the kind of gain the dsl and certainly the JVM have (JVM has too much imo), although it takes pedals really well. They are all pretty killer amps but if you need to switch cleans and gain live I would go with the DSL or JVM. Personally I like the JVM 205 better then any JVM or JCM 2000 series I've played. The Jubilee is an awesome amp though, it belonged to the studio where we recorded, I wanted to use my own gear to record until I played through it.

Thanks for checking out the songs too, I've since parted with the singer, got a new thing going that's a lot more early Van Halen and ACDC meets Motorhead, lot more fun. I think with that band the singer had us trying to be AIC a little too much.

guitargoalie

Reaction score
thanks, can the dsl or jvm do the jubilee tones somewhat? I've done a lot of reading on the jvm205, and the overdrive channel is modeled after the jvm410's OD2 channel which has the mids lowered for a more modern sound but i'm after the 80's hard rock tone

bluesymetal

Reaction score
Any of those amps will do 80's hard rock. My experience with the jubilee is my most limited, I just played it, the engineer dialed in most of the tones. If I were you I'd probably get a DSL, they are the cheapest, they take pedals well and does the 80's thing in spades. I know the 205 is od2 of the 410, but it still has that marshall vibe and will do 80's metal as well. If you want more flexibility on the fly go with the JVM. I'd keep saving money then when a jubilee comes along at a good price, sell the dsl or jvm and get it.

Latest posts