New Marshall Cab

• Thread starter gadgetfreak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetfreak

Reaction score
Hello so I am wondering if Marshall is going a little over the top with the pricing of the new 1x12 cab for 700 dollars. It's not closed back to boot and has a V type speaker?

I am all about trying the new studio heads out, though I feel with attenuation you could actually run the bigger brother for same price used, and trust me most who are buying this for home will need to attenuate. But i'm not asking about the amp just floored that the cab is 100 cheaper than other 2x12's that have actual greenbacks in them. Is it even real baltic birch or MDF? Thanks

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Hello so I am wondering if Marshall is going a little over the top with the pricing of the new 1x12 cab for 700 dollars. It's not closed back to boot and has a V type speaker?

I am all about trying the new studio heads out, though I feel with attenuation you could actually run the bigger brother for same price used, and trust me most who are buying this for home will need to attenuate. But i'm not asking about the amp just floored that the cab is 100 cheaper than other 2x12's that have actual greenbacks in them. Is it even real baltic birch or MDF? Thanks
Someone opened one up and it is indeed birch. But still, it's pretty pricey. Look at any of the other 1x12s on the market. Even the Mesa which in Canada are super high priced they're nit that much. I can get a solid Traynor 1x12 with open OR closed back option with a panel loaded with a Greenback for 429CDN. If the new Marshall is 700 I assume USD. I would likely pay 899 for that cab when available here.
Or not.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
If I were in the market for a cab to go with one of these heads, I'd have Sourmash build me a vertical 2x12 Marshall "clone" cab. Would be well built and cost less than the Marshall 1x12. Their standard 2x12 cabs are around $300 (empty), and they can custom build whatever you want.

Last edited:

gadgetfreak

Reaction score
That's great it's made of Birch but to not get a standard Celestion speaker whether it be V30,GB etc.. that's a bit much for a U.K. built cab or not. Looking forward to trying the studio heads out but I definitely will not be needing the matching cab. I plan on using the Avatar 2x12 in my pic it has Heritage 20 watt greenbacks and sounds glorious no matter what I put through it.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the Haze cabs..they say they are 19.6" wide, and the studio vintage heads are 19.7" ..close enough I'd say.

assaf110

Reaction score
I thought they were so overpriced that I am looking into building my own cabinet. A $100 speaker and $600 worth of wood, tolex, and labor? I have a hard time wrapping my head around that.
Exactly what I’m doing as we speak.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I don't care about the price. I now have the compact amp and cab I always wanted. My mini plexi stack.
When it comes down to it, I have the budget for it and I like the Jubilee one as it matches my Jube. However, I do like the open/closed ability of the Traynor even if it is retro looking. I wouldn't always use it with the Jubilee either and would likely run with tbe 6912 blue cab in a little stack.
I have a 2x12 now but it's wide and in small venues the little stack would be nice.

Likely I'll see the Jubilee one once they arrive here. I'll really like it.....
I'll get one. All logic thrown aside....:mad:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think the new Origin cabs are a bad option. Yes they are probably MDF, and no they don't come with great speakers, but they look vintage and I'm sure are worth the $399 price.
Yeah that's pretty cheap. The Traynor one I mentioned is shown. Hey my 6912 30th ann cab is MDF.:eek:

dhx12_lg.png

gadgetfreak

Reaction score
anyone notice in those Thomann links that they have to wait 6 to 7 weeks for arrival when our USA stores, well most of them have stock available right now.