New Marshall CODE digital amp series

• Thread starter Moony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

webcat

Reaction score
A guy named Matt Jackson did a pretty informative review on the foot switch a couple days ago on YouTube. I'm really enjoying my new Code 50 and the foot switch. I'm still learning how to get it dialed in but these forums have helped a lot. Thanks guys!
Excellent thanks! I've just found it, will give it a watch later. Luckily my needs are basic, I just want my main tone, probably a second one for lighter songs, and a boost.

Sean95m

Reaction score
Then you'll like his video the pedal also has it's own banks that you can set up 3 channels to witch I've already been tweaking for different kinds of tones that I want for certain songs. You're gonna love the foot switch once you get the hang of it.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
10 banks of 3 presets. You could have A1,2 and 3 be clean, crunch lead, B1,2,3 could be Blues, metal, solo, etc. I will have to think about what tones I want access totogether and prgram those presets that way, if I ever get my footswitch.

James Clent

Reaction score
Don't forget you can switch modes. I would love to have a few great presets and then switch to FX mode and be able to turn PreFx, ModFX, and Delay or or off to taste....
That's how I would use it live, I think. (Mine hasn't come yet)

TeamSlacker

Reaction score
Left the local guitar shop with a new code 50, 2 weeks ago, first new amp, first marshall ever...... which promptly died completely within an hour of turning it on. Had just flipped thru all the presets, and was pressing the panel buttons to turn all effects off (not even playing a note at the time) and it shut down and wouldn't turn back on... Guess I got a dud.. sucks as it was the last one at the shop, and now I supposedly have to sit and wait till into Oct to get it or a new one back. Always fun handing over a chunk of cash with nothing to show for it for over a month...
So I guess my first post point is... I wish I had a code to play with, much less the pedal or crappy instructions :)

Sean95m

Reaction score
You should get a refund from the store you bought it from since they don't have any more in stock and order from a different store. Sorry to hear that your Code was DOA.

Ant000

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with the music playback?

It doesn't seem to work with Apple Music if you have iTunes Match enabled. I wonder if it's a DRM thing? It shouldn't be?

Such a bummer cause I wanna slow songs down but I use streaming and iTunes Match to download songs to my phone.

You can even just bypass the playback thing and stream right to the speaker but I need to slow stuff down haha... This is not the way to be practicing.... My neighbours must hate me.

Quoman7

Reaction score
It may be me! but I'm having a bit of trouble with my code 25 I can't seem to get a tone that sounds clear as in the highs seem too tinny and seem to get some sort of buzz effect on E string when note decays, this is on headphones, not tried through speaker yet! Any tips would be appreciated.

Fern

Reaction score
Got a Code 50 yesterday. Anyone having issues with lack of output from every preset? I'm new at this and I've come across posts I no longer know where they are but i find the output isn't that powerful. I have the master set at 2 (can't crank it more due to neighbours) and everything else is at 12 o'clock. Some of the presets are worse than others but overall it's lacking grit. When I plug in headphones i have to crank up master volume to 10 pretty much to get decent listening volume while playing. No music playback happening during these findings. thanks for the input in advance...

Plectrum

Reaction score
Got a Code 50 yesterday. Anyone having issues with lack of output from every preset? I'm new at this and I've come across posts I no longer know where they are but i find the output isn't that powerful. I have the master set at 2 (can't crank it more due to neighbours) and everything else is at 12 o'clock. Some of the presets are worse than others but overall it's lacking grit. When I plug in headphones i have to crank up master volume to 10 pretty much to get decent listening volume while playing. No music playback happening during these findings. thanks for the input in advance...

Quite the opposite. Master on 2 with the factory presets is too loud for home use. Remember also that the speaker needs to be broken in. Oh and the factory presets are rubbish. Create your own. And keep the noise gate/threshold as low as possible (0 is ideal ;) ) as it can cause issues as the note decays.

You do need to turn the master up a bit when using headphones I find (I'm using Marshall Majors) but not to 10 IME.

AJU

Reaction score
Yep there is a huge discrepancy with live vs headphone output - not sure why except that it maybe to prevent ears being blown out - the differences between some of the presets is huge so that maybe an issue. I still am getting round to changing the volumes on the setting so that I can use the master more usefully on speaker mode. Wifey is not best pleased with me some days she's asked me to look into taking marshall to court for releasing such a difficult beast to tame.

She don't know the half of it when she goes out though ;-))) beast my arse - very exciting at LOUD LOUD LOUD and only a 25 too.

Reactions: TKB

Plectrum

Reaction score
The 25 is a pussy cat ;) My 50 is a bit of a bruiser though. Not quite on the scale of my old 2x12 Valvestate which I recently sold but still very giggable.

mazzefr

Reaction score

I'm guessing you may have high ohm headphones. Master volume at eleven oclock(about 4) is plenty loud for me. My headphones are 32ohm.

AJU

Reaction score
The 25 is a pussy cat ;) My 50 is a bit of a bruiser though. Not quite on the scale of my old 2x12 Valvestate which I recently sold but still very giggable.
dunno what sort of pussy cats you have in your neighbourhood ;-)