New Marshall CODE digital amp series

• Thread starter Moony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

colkai

Reaction score
Since the firmware update, my Code isn't recognised as a USB/Midi device. :(
Tried logging off the PC, rebooting the Code a few times, nothing.

Antmax

Reaction score

You could try a factory reset. Otherwise I don't know. So far it seems Marshall haven't really gotten the computer/electronics thing down yet.

I got to use the Spider V recently and the interface and updating is very well done on those amps. Puts Marshall to shame. Has low latency ASIO streaming drivers but no bluetooth though.

Last edited:

Antmax

Reaction score
It might be that particular USB port on your computer needs to be reset. Sometimes they go wrong. If your using windows then the only way to do it is to actually unpower the computer. If it's a desktop you have to turn it off at the PSU or unplug it. If its a notebook unplug and disconnect the battery for a few seconds.

That removes residual power from the motherboard so it will reset the USB ports.

Sometimes if something isn't plugged in cleanly the USB port will be registered as dodgy by the motherboard itself and disabled from working properly until reset.

If that doesn't work you can try a factory reset and unplug the amp. Just in case something similar happened on the amp side.

Otherwise I don't really know. You will have to try Marshall support.

stw500

Reaction score
I found some spikes I bought once for my big stereo speakers. I put them underneath the code 50 and both my wife and I found it sounding slightly but noticable warmer then before.

Attachments

• IMG_20161224_151406.jpg
    IMG_20161224_151406.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20161224_151347.jpg
    IMG_20161224_151347.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 26

Antmax

Reaction score
I found some spikes I bought once for my big stereo speakers. I put them underneath the code 50 and both my wife and I found it sounding slightly but noticable warmer then before.

Cool, I might have to try that. Mine sits on a side table which reverberates quite a lot.

Jam81

Reaction score
Ever since updating the firmware, when I record in Audicity via USB, there is a lag in the recording, this does not happen when I use the headphone line out to record but only with USB, any idea why this is happening and how I can fix this?

Thanks!

stw500

Reaction score
You are the second one experiencing problems after updating. Perhaps it is wise to wait for the next firmware update. The qm of marshall seems to lack.

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
I can't tell if I'm up to date. My Gateway says:

AmpFirmware 1.3
AmpDSP 1.1
AmpBluetooth 3.1
MarshallGateway 1.4.1

Where does Marshall tell us what the latest and greatest is?

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Not sure. Download the latest firmware from Marshall and see what it says. It won't allow you to overwrite with old software, obviously.

Antmax

Reaction score
The code really needs low latency ASIO drivers for streaming like most interfaces and other modeling amos with USB hookups.

That eay you can use DAW effects modeling plugins in your effects chain and still record without lag. Currently the code seems to just hsve a basic line out through usb.

Its a shame because it does reduce a lot of the flexibility digital offers and other modelers make use of.

Harrison Liddle

Reaction score
The code really needs low latency ASIO drivers for streaming like most interfaces and other modeling amos with USB hookups.

That eay you can use DAW effects modeling plugins in your effects chain and still record without lag. Currently the code seems to just hsve a basic line out through usb.

Its a shame because it does reduce a lot of the flexibility digital offers and other modelers make use of.

I can't get the USB to record in Cubase could you assist?

Quoman7

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to download presets from Marshall downloads, to gateway on my phone?

Plectrum

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to download presets from Marshall downloads, to gateway on my phone?

Pretty obvious really as long as you have a My Marshall account. Copy the preset to My Library. The go to My Gateway. Scroll down and you'll see all your My Library presets at the bottom. You can drag the one to want to where ever you want in the list list of 100 presets. The next time your phone's Gateway syncs with the server, you'll have the preset on your phone.

Quoman7

Reaction score
Was obvious, must have been post xmas hangover I didn;t see my gateway! lol Cheers for the heads up! :facepalm:

BowerR64

Reaction score

Sometimes if you uninstall the USB device then it will refind it and reinstall the drivers. Ive had different USB ports refind items you may also try to uninstall the USB item (like threw device manager you right click then uninstall that device) Before you update it so then it refinds the amp again with its new version and reinstalls the device drivers for the "new amp"

You also may have to uninstall the program on windows and reinstall it. Sometimes the programs/edit utility what ever it is isnt just the program but it has the device drivers in with it. Uninstall everything related to the code amp and start over.

You may have to do both.

Try a different PC with a fresh install of any programs the amp uses to connect to the computer with the new firmware amp see if it still has lag and see if it connects.

Ide bet the PC sees the amp but cant communicate with it because the new firmware communicates different then it did with the last firmware. If that makes any sense?

Antmax

Reaction score
If your usb port on your PC doesnt recognize a device. Sometimes its because the plug shorted out and the motherboard needs to be reset to reinitialize the port.

A simple shutdown and restart wont fix it. The incident was registered at a lower level before windows a bit like a car diagnostic code.

Just like the car you have to disconnect power completely to reset the usb so it will attempt to recognize the device again. This means turning off the PSU or unplugging a desktop from AC mains. On a notebook you have to unplug and temporarily disengage the battery for a few seconds.

Reconnecting the battery/AC resets the motherboards internal failsafes and it will attempt to work with that usb device again.

It has happened to me a few times mostly with cameras and phones that refuse to work after fumbling with micro usb ports in the dark.

Last edited: