• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New Old Guitar Day

• Thread starter Georgiatec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this 2009 Gibson LP Studio off t'bay. Paid £600 for it. Been after a P90 LP for awhile and decided to pull the trigger on this one. It was originally a faded natural finish, but a previous owner had it re-finished in crimson sparkle...hence the price. I like the finish though and it's pro standard, so no issue with it really.
Sounds so rock & roll through my Astoria Dual. Totally different sound to my HB equipped LP's
full

NumbSkull

Reaction score
Lots of P90 Gibsons these days, maybe I need one...
I dont get why when Gibson do a custom shop finish its a one off extra collectable special artist mega desirable limited 3x price item,
and when anyone else does a custom finish it halves the cost of the guitar.
Anyway great guitar, sure it sounds and plays well.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
That looks cool. The price is good too!

If you bought a new Epiphone and swapped pickups in it, you'd have that or more in it.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks cool. The price is good too!

If you bought a new Epiphone and swapped pickups in it, you'd have that or more in it.
That was exactly my thinking. The finish is really well done. It's only the body too, not on the back of the neck, which I also like. The natural finish on the neck feels so good to play.

lespaul339

Reaction score
I like the color. Looks like they did a good job on the refin too. And you can't beat p90's! HNGD! Congrats!

ShawnThePlumber

Reaction score
Sweet, bro! I recently bought a 2016 50’s Tribute, my 1st P90 guitar too. Took a while to bond with it cause I couldn’t stand the cream plastic bits on a flat black guitar. A bit of paint and I can’t keep my hands off it now. I play a lot at home thru a 1959 Ampeg Jet which I like to keep at around 1/2 volume and I am amazed at the range of useable sounds the volume knob gives compared to any other guitars I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpeg
    IMG_0878.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 6

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet, bro! I recently bought a 2016 50’s Tribute, my 1st P90 guitar too. Took a while to bond with it cause I couldn’t stand the cream plastic bits on a flat black guitar. A bit of paint and I can’t keep my hands off it now. I play a lot at home thru a 1959 Ampeg Jet which I like to keep at around 1/2 volume and I am amazed at the range of useable sounds the volume knob gives compared to any other guitars I have.
I was looking for a Tribute originally, but this Studio came up at the right price when folk were asking 800+ for Tributes.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Why do you guys always post photos the actual size of the moon, dammit! :mad:

You can resize them yourself you know.

Here - now you can see the whole photo without scrolling, and then if you want it moon-size, you can click on it:

full

It's a beautiful guitar. I love Studios. :yesway:

Last edited: