My Keepers... Share Yours!

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

houseofrock

Reaction score
The one I won't part with, ever, is my '78 MusicMan Stingray bass. It has been to hell and back with me and still will kick metal azz.
Love my 2010 Les Paul standard, 2011 SG. Kind of on the fence with some of the others but they all play extremely well. If faced with the need to down size I would be hard pressed to choose.
When I was 16 Dad gave me a Goya semi-hollowbody with a bunch of knobs and switches that I sold 'cause it wasn't metal enough. What a dumb-ass I was. Can't remember the model but I see them on ebay every once in a while. They sell for a stupid amount of money. Who knew?

Butchiford

Reaction score
My 2013 SG Standard ain't goin' nowhere.

oyd0ODu.jpg
I love that sg. I've been going round and round talking myself out of buying a new sg standard. And it would be black as well.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
When I posted in this thread before I hadn't fixed up my 2013 60's tribute to my liking and was actually trying to sell it. I got no bites so I decided to just make it my own. I always loved the way the guitar plays and sounds, but never liked the finish so I decided to redo it and make it my own. You may remember my thread? It didn't work out the way I wanted so I ended up sanding back down and made it a plain top because I liked it like that anyway after I sanded it the first time.

Anyway, I may try a redo on the finish at some point in the future but the fact is that no matter what she looks like, there is no way in hell I'll ever get rid of her now, we've been thru too much together. I love this guitar!

4URcc3x.jpg

Last edited:

Shae201

Reaction score
20171116_195450-2016x1512.jpg 20171026_195236-2016x1512.jpg 20170808_060108-1512x2016.jpg My superstrat love runs deep, I traded my Ibanez s470 for this 1986 Charvel Model 4 Kahler Trem with original case and original paperwork, its a cherry. My 1987 B.C. Rich ST 3 American made is my other favorite. These axes have really low action with no buzz. Truley great craftsmanship from the 80's

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
LSR%20WB1_041.jpg

Custom Roman Steinberger with TransTrem. Great guitar that can play standard tunings, trem turn 1/4 or 1/2 down and with a flip of the trem go into Pantera Walk plus more.

Bonus:

Also I will never be caught without a Jubilee unless I build a better simple amplifier for my use.

Last edited:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
LSR%20WB1_041.jpg

Custom Roman Steinberger with TransTrem. Great guitar that can play standard tunings, trem turn 1/4 or 1/2 down and with a flip of the trem go into Pantera Walk plus more.

Bonus:

Also I will never be caught without a Jubilee unless I build a better simple amplifier for my use.

It looks like his head and legs have been chopped off....creepy... :ugh:

jmp45

Reaction score
My Keeper is my only current axe until I get my USA Dean ML built. 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

Awesome, good deal, I have a 2012 Traditional also. I relic'd the hardware dead mint club, tonepros etc. I didn't know these were available in a plain top. I got a deal on it but would probably preferred a plain top, but it's one of my keepers.

2012_Traditional_3_zpslxh66kdi.jpg

roxynoodle

Reaction score
I tend to bond really strongly with my guitars. The only one I sold because I didn't bond with it was an Epi G400 Goth SG.

My avatar is my new 2017 Gibson SG Standard HP that has literally been in my hands for 6 days.

My next favorite is my early 80s Burny RSG-75. The nickel hardware has become super reliced from age.

Next up would be my Dillion LP copy. Blue quilt and weighs almost 13lb!

I also added a strat to the collection this year after not having one for 35 years. G&L Legacy Tribute in blueburst. I have a bad pic of that one here on my laptop that I'll add (my phone camera isn't very good and my hands shake a little).

I probably won't sell these either, but am not as attached to them as the ones listed above: JT Turser JT-55 SG copy with P90s, Cozart Chinese strat copy 12 string.

My keeper acoustics are my Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CS-257 and a Jay Turser acous-elec 12 string with cutaway. I also have a cheap Carlo Robelli acoustic with cutaway that is great for taking to friends' houses who have unruly children who don't respect other's property.

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
I am seeing a LOT of SG love here. Back in the early 90s I got a 62 reissue, but I couldnt get it to stay in tune. I was used to floyds, all my other guitars were floyds, and after that guitar went away I swore off fixed bridges. Fast forward 20 years, talking about it with a buddy and he says "did you tune it up only, or up then down?" I said whatever it needed, if I went sharp tuning, then yeah back down to pitch, and he says you can ONLY tune them up to pitch, if you go sharp tuning then drop flat again and try again till it's right. Got myself a fixed bridge Charvel, and damn if it doesnt stay rock solid in tune using that method.

Wish I still had that gibson, I'd have never given it up if it wasnt for that, I learned to play on AC/DC.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
After nearly 3 million years of trying and failing, I finally arrived at these masterpieces of joyness:

full

Tanglewood D-18 copy, Martin D-18, Gibson Hummingbird.

full

chiliphil1

Reaction score
After nearly 3 million years of trying and failing, I finally arrived at these masterpieces of joyness:

full

Tanglewood D-18 copy, Martin D-18, Gibson Hummingbird.

full

Love the LP's! I finally get it, I went to my local GC and played a couple, one R8 was horrible, I would take an Epiphone over that anytime. Another R9 was so-so, I think that the level on that was comparable to a traditional or classic but, there was an R8 there that was built by the God's. That guitar was so incredible, just unspeakably good. It felt amazing, the tone was killer, all of the controls were so responsive man, it was tough to walk out without that guitar but I'm loving the PRS so I figured that I would just hold off for an R8 later, I can attest.. Play the Gibson's before you buy them, 2 lemons and 1 magical piece. 1 out of 3 and all were over $4k :wtf:

Either way..

As far as this thread goes I am happier at this point than I have been so far. I have the 2015 PRS SC245 gold top, the EBMM Luke III, and the Kemper. I would like a strat at some point but I am completely happy and content with y current gear, it is without doubt the best I've had. I think they're all keepers.

Latest posts