New Slash Magnatone Specs/Details- UPDATE- NAMM video

• Thread starter jeffb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb

Reaction score
It's a great looking amp. How much do I owe for looking?

I too can't wait to read about NAD with this one. Somebody got status money burning a whole in a pocket? Think of all the oohs and aws?:agreed:
Peach will have a killer demo when the time comes

Gutch220

Reaction score
What would that 5-Pin connector in the back be used for?

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Maybe it's not much for the 1%...and I'm not talking about the Hell's Angel's, Mongels, or any other MC club.

No disrespect intended to any MC dudes.

I would think in this economy it would be hard too offload without taking a significant loss.
Just saying- a Kemper rig might be 3K. How much is a Two-Rock or something like that?
Modern era Magnatone's are expensive to start with..that's their market.

The economy is a real mixed bag these days; consumer spending was high last month. Some people are doing good and it's not just the top 1%. Plus- hey! put it on credit. lol

I won't be buying one and I do think it's inflated for Slash's name but it will probably sell.
Resale? We'll see.They do seem to hold value though.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Just saying- a Kemper rig might be 3K. How much is a Two-Rock or something like that?
Modern era Magnatone's are expensive to start with..that's their market.

You can get a Kemper for $1500 or less these days. Two Rock new is still under $4000 for most. I agree that Magnatone is a high end market. Their armps are fantastic! If you ever get a chance check out the M-80, Super 50, Super 15 for gnarly crunch, or of course the Twilighter. Sublime.
The economy is a real mixed bag these days; consumer spending was high last month. Some people are doing good and it's not just the top 1%. Plus- hey! put it on credit. lol

The economy sucks - flat out. US credit debt is at an all time high...and the interest rates are morbid.
I won't be buying one and I do think it's inflated for Slash's name but it will probably sell.
Resale? We'll see. They do seem to hold value though.

I'm sure they will sell to a specific market - people above my pay grade. And good for them! I doubt the resale is going to be anywhere near retail - but in the future who knows? I know I'd like to have more money for fun instead of just groceries, gas, medical, and mortgage. Even then 5K is a big ask of the wife LOL

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
You can get a Kemper for $1500 or less these days. Two Rock new is still under $4000 for most. I agree that Magnatone is a high end market. Their armps are fantastic! If you ever get a chance check out the M-80, Super 50, Super 15 for gnarly crunch, or of course the Twilighter. Sublime.

The economy sucks - flat out. US credit debt is at an all time high...and the interest rates are morbid.

I'm sure they will sell to a specific market - people above my pay grade. And good for them! I doubt the resale is going to be anywhere near retail - but in the future who knows? I know I'd like to have more money for fun instead of just groceries, gas, medical, and mortgage. Even then 5K is a big ask of the wife LOL
Well, I don't want to derail with economy talk. I stand by my statement it's a mixed bag.
My wife works in retail management- people are spending lots on discretionary purchases.

The price I was remembering was from the modeler thread the other day- 3K for Axe FX and foot controller. Plus then you need monitor too.

We're just working class but we don't splurge much. If I really wanted it I would buy it. Anything abouve 2-3k though my frugality kicks in..."do I really need it?"...lol
Resale is hard to predict- sometimes good gear fares well and can even appreciate of course.

anitoli

Reaction score

Credit card debt is a rock solid investment opportunity. Getting an ROI on John Q's 27% rate, Whats not to like?

Gutch220

Reaction score
For $4,000+ I could buy a spectacular stage rig with real amps, and modelers/IR for the PA

Reaction score
Maggies were famous for their pitch-bending vibrato and some interesting output topologies. I reckon this thing brings none of those sorts of features to the table. Meh.

rockgod212

Reaction score
obeid kahn built this amp so i bet it is closer to the real AFD amp, just my speculation though.