Newbie With A Question

• Thread starter lokalfuz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lokalfuz

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Ok, this is going to sound dumb, but I want to make sure I wont do anything to hurt my amp or speaker cab.

I have a Silver Jubilee 2553 and I want to hook it up to a 1960TV 4X12. The cabinet says 16 ohms. Is this what I want to set the output on my 2553 to?

Thanks!

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
yep.

always match impedance and if someone suggests otherwise for any reason other than a logical technical one (such as toan... for illogical reasoning).

lokalfuz

Reaction score
That's what I thought, but someone once told me otherwise, like setting it to 4 ohms to spread across 4 speakers to get to 16.... That sounded a bit far-fetched to me.

TPR

Reaction score
That's what I thought, but someone once told me otherwise, like setting it to 4 ohms to spread across 4 speakers to get to 16.... That sounded a bit far-fetched to me.

Wow, first time I ever heard that one. Just when you think you've heard all the crazy crap ...

impetus maximus

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

check out the sticky on speaker wiring. always match your amp to your speakers.
you can kill your transformer if you don't! you can double check speakers with
a multi-meter. it's not exact but should be close. i.e. 15ohm reading for a 16ohm cabinet.

in the future leave out the Newbie part. having newbie or noob in your
post your preventing a very knowledgeable part of our community from reading it.

[edit] well 4 16ohm speakers in parallel would be 4 ohm. i would wire them
in pairs of series for 32 ohm, then parallel those for 16 ohms.
that way you could run it with another 16ohm cabinet for an 8ohm load.

/max
fist.gif

Last edited:

JayCM800

Reaction score
:lol::lol: DON'T do that! LOL

If you ever connect another 16ohm cab(two 16ohm cabs), set your amp to 8ohms!!

If you have an 8 ohm cab set it to 8, if you have two 8ohm cabs, set it to 4ohms!

No you can't hook up a 16 and an 8 at the same time, nor an 8 and a 4, or a 4 and a 16! Forget about 2ohms! LOL :lol:

Does it make sense?:)

Latest posts