Newer DSL Series

• Thread starter zepplin490
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

2009Champ

Reaction score
Can some of you guys tell me why the new (or old) DSL 100 is superior to the TSL 100?
I'm about to buy a head and hopefully a 1960AV Cabinet. This has been a weird journey due to all of the differing opinions. Very confusing. I'm a drummer who wants to jam on my guitars to old Rock n Roll (70s/80s). And I want the crunchy sounds from Deep Purple to Poison to Metallica. But I also want to play my 12 string Alvarez Yairi as clean and loud as I can get it. Any help?

Stonehead

Reaction score
I Just got the DSL 100H and a 1960AX cab and it is simply awesome. Sounds good at low volume and is just a friggn monster when cranked.. For the price of these new heads you would be hard pressed to find anything better. The quality is top notch. If you're hung up on where its made then look else ware but if your into quality Marshall tones at an affordable price the DSL100H is hard to beat. The classic channel is worth the price of admission alone. Beautiful cleans on this amp and the crunch is to die for. Channel 2 is a beast and you may need to tame the treble by means of the EQ or the C19 mod. I tried the C19 mod and liked it to some degree but found in the end that it sounds much better by just using the EQ and your guitars tone knob. With the C19 mod there is a nice balance between the channels but you do lose something and it doesn't sound quite right to me. Cool amp all round and i have no regrets about buying it. Classic Marshall tone for days on end with this baby....

bracky

Reaction score
I played my dsl40c throw a jcm 900 1960a very happy with it, the dsl40c is a rocking little amp

JAC

Reaction score
I fell in love with the DSL15C when I first tried it out eight months ago. I just got one a few weeks ago. The DSL40C and the DSL100H sound pretty cherry on the demos I've checked out so far as well. I like their tone.

Latest posts