Newly Acquired Pedals That You Like

• Thread starter dslman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metroman

Reaction score
Ive purchased in the last 3 months the

Moog MF104M Super Delay
Moog MF102 Ring Modulator
Moog Minifooger Delay
Minifooger Drive
Minifooger Tremolo

mtm105

Reaction score
I have always sought snake oil products to improve my tone, trying to get Solid States to sound like tubes. And have gone through perhaps 2 dozen.

Boss Fender Bassman in front of pedals gives a little oomph, almost tubelike tone. Used for $50 it is a very good sounding pedal in ANY amp.

Jaymz E

Reaction score
My two latest pedals are the Electro Harmonix POG-2 and the Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Fuzz.
Both are absolutely awesome pedals. The Pharaoh is the best fuzz I've ever used. It's super versatile and can do anything from mild boost to all out fuzz madness.
I wanted something that could do some cool organ-like sounds. I saw the demo for the EH B9 and thought it would be great. Then I considered the Micro POG. I ended up scoring the POG-2 on eBay for $220 in perfect condition. Not cheap but I was happy considering they're over $300 new. I really like having control over all of the octave voicings.

I agree about the Pharaoh Fuzz, it is the best Fuzz that I have personally tried.

shooto

Reaction score
just got this guy...I like it...you gotta tweak it, but when you find the sweet spot, it makes your 1 amp sound like 2 (kinda like the JMD's trick with the delay engaged) with not a bad boost/overdrive to boot- shooto sez two thumbs up (for now)

274635.jpg

mirrorman

Reaction score
MXR M-108 10 band eq. Awesome for a boost when used in the effects loop.
Also a Radial Twin City ABY. No extra noise, very reliable.
And the phase switch is a big added bonus, especially when the DSL40C and HRD did not want to play together in the sandbox...

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Boiling Point Rock Box
Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay
Diamond Tremolo
Electro Harmonix B9

Jeffgnosis

Reaction score
Just got a version 4 ocd pedal. I removed the germanium diode and now it sounds really good as a boost! Finally a Pedal beat out my old sd1...

JimiRules

Reaction score
I just picked up a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octavio a few weeks ago. It's fun to use.

I picked up that pedal a few months ago and I want to incorporate it into my rig, but I can't seem to get that subtle sound with it that Jimi was able to get. It seems like the only way I can get any sort of "octave" sound out of it is to turn the fuzz up more than I want it to be. What setting do you use?

Beccaio

Reaction score
So...curious about the ELEVEN RACK. i have been looking into this lately...and it reportedly can emulate every pedal. I have a lot of pedals....but connection and power management is a bitch. Anyone use the eleven rack and if so...what is your opinion.

So...per the topic...my latest favorite is catalinbread super chile boost in front of my JCM 800 with some Boss dd5...CE2 as needed.

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

Reaction score
zvex distortron. was looking for high gain pedal that sounded at least in the vague neigborhood of dsl40c's red channel for those times when i was plugging into another amp or going direct and wanted to keep "my sound". this is the closest one i found at GC. bonus is that its got a low gain mode that ive been using for stacked overdrives and has some settings that add bass to the signal in varying amounts.

Coronado

Reaction score
Recently picked up the Wampler Euphoria, Soul Food, and Fulltone Fulldrive 2. I returned the Fulldrive - not that I didn’t like it, I just found it to be quite similar in sound to some of my other OD pedals. I was very happy with the Soul Food. Each time I step on it I find myself being pleasantly surprised by how good it sounds.

I also picked up a Big Muff (the coffee table sized one) a couple months ago. I can honestly say I've never played with one (or really heard one for that matter) and GC was running them really cheap. My mistake was trying it through my JCM 800 first in the high output. Either too much, well, fuzz, or then too thin. Shook my head and didn’t really mess with it for a couple months. Recently I gave it another try through my JMP. Still a bit too thick for my taste. But by luck I accidentally had left my SD1 on (set with almost no gain and volume at about half). The SD1 really helped to clean it up, and the sound was really unique! So I tried the Big Muff with some other OD pedals and found it sounds good with the Soul Food and TS 808 as well. I searched a bit and found that several others have had luck stacking the Big Muff with other OD pedals. Even with a fair amount of volume on the amp, it held its shape well and didn’t get too distorted. So I'm liking the Big Muff, even it if did take me 25 years to figure it out.

JCM800murderer

Reaction score
TC Electronics Hall Of Fame - fantastic but need to run a power supply because I won't make it through a 2 hour gig on a 9V.

MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - The finest delay, and it's analog so you can use it on several gigs before you have to change out the 9V...so beautiful.

didn't you start the thread about only using a guitar and a cable and an amp?

john l

Reaction score

Just recently snagged this guy. Ive always had a thing for OTA phasers so finally couldn't resist it anymore lol.

dslman

Reaction score
....just ordered an ISP Technologies Decimator II G-string last Friday....should be here by the end of the week.
You will love it ,if it likes your amp. Mine created its own buzz that I couldn't stand. Tried every conceivable connection possible.Tried a second DII G .S .--same thing.Now just running the regular D-ii in front and it isn't as good. Better than nothing though.