NGD: Damnit, I bought another LP. Trad Pro V

• Thread starter TXOldRedRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no intention of buying another guitar anytime soon. But, I have an autoimmune arthritis condition that attacks my tendons. It limits flexibility, and creates pain. I'm generally on the lookout for a super slim neck. While in the store, I was checking out the LP's and SG's and came across this guitar. The back of the neck as a lot of grain. It appears that someone at Gibson tried to sand it out. Because this neck is super slim. Other Trad Pro V's were thicker. This neck was thinner than any SG in the house, and there were about 10 of them. The sales guy thought I was full of **it, until he did all the side by side comparisons too. Not a single Gibson guitar was as thin as this. Makes practicing and playing for long periods of time less painful during and after. So I grabbed it. Couldn't pass it up. I'm normally a Standard or Custom Shop guy. But this is still a beautiful guitar and stands apart from its siblings.

This was on the wall and had been played by many, so it was nasty filthy and the strings felt like they had dried honey on them. But, not a mark on it. The guitar has been thoroughly cleaned, conditioned and has new strings. Plus, set up to my liking. A couple of coats of Virtuoso has the neck slick and fast. I don't feel the grain at all, but, of course, I knew that would be the case once I got it home. Happy to add it to my stable of axes.

Happy accidental NGD to me.

FullLengthOutsidesmall.jpg

BodyOutsidesmall.jpg

HeadStocksmall.jpg

speyfly

Reaction score
I had no intention of buying another guitar anytime soon. But, I have an autoimmune arthritis condition that attacks my tendons. It limits flexibility, and creates pain. I'm generally on the lookout for a super slim neck. While in the store, I was checking out the LP's and SG's and came across this guitar. The back of the neck as a lot of grain. It appears that someone at Gibson tried to sand it out. Because this neck is super slim. Other Trad Pro V's were thicker. This neck was thinner than any SG in the house, and there were about 10 of them. The sales guy thought I was full of **it, until he did all the side by side comparisons too. Not a single Gibson guitar was as thin as this. Makes practicing and playing for long periods of time less painful during and after. So I grabbed it. Couldn't pass it up. I'm normally a Standard or Custom Shop guy. But this is still a beautiful guitar and stands apart from its siblings.

This was on the wall and had been played by many, so it was nasty filthy and the strings felt like they had dried honey on them. But, not a mark on it. The guitar has been thoroughly cleaned, conditioned and has new strings. Plus, set up to my liking. A couple of coats of Virtuoso has the neck slick and fast. I don't feel the grain at all, but, of course, I knew that would be the case once I got it home. Happy to add it to my stable of axes.

Happy accidental NGD to me.

View attachment 89896

View attachment 89897

View attachment 89898

I think this deserves a Rock Star!!!

jxp3maiwi9u3sc881w5t86lv46zt5ybufst9.gif

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying this guitar. I've played it for about 3 hours today in total. (Have to take breaks.)

I've adjusted the pickup heights and pole heights. I have it sounding the way I like. Easy on the fret hand. Sounds great. Very versatile. Sounds excellent with three different style amps and varied voicings, clean to mean.

Everyone should have/get one.

:jam:

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pool looks awesome!!
Make no apologies if you have done well in life in that respect!! I don't.

For sure! Everyone deserves what they earn. I was just making a subtle funny while pointing out his schweet stuff too.

Not rich, but doing OK. Backyard does throw a nice party.

byp.jpeg

Latest posts