NGD Fender Vintera ‘50s Strat kinda sorta

• Thread starter RiverRatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been jonesing for a ‘50s style strat for a while. One of my favorite Strats ever was one I made using a ‘54 neck from an ‘80s MIJ Fender reissue and a ‘90s Fiesta Red body. So, when I saw this neck from The Stratosphere for $60 less than other sellers, I snagged it.

The plan was to find a body and pickups to match up with it as cheaply as possible. I had a guitar that a good friend built for me that just wasn’t getting played. The body was Lake Placid Blue over Sonic Blue. The finish has started to check and the Sonic Blue is showing through in several spots. It’s really stunning in person.

I found a set of very affordable Fender Vintera ‘50s pickups, read some reviews and decided to give them a try. I put the guitar together and it blew me away almost instantly. The neck is soooo comfortable and those pickups are next level scary good. They are designed by Tim Shaw and sound great clean or distorted.

So, here’s my budget Vintera. I wish I had some better pics. These don’t do it justice.

GYHGpI2.jpg

yRMl3qj.jpg

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Nice strat.
You spoke of your last partscaster with 80's MIJ neck. Some of those old MIJ guitars were great. A set of pups wiring harness and steel bridge block and they could be killers that'll keep up with any strat IMO

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice strat.
You spoke of your last partscaster with 80's MIJ neck. Some of those old MIJ guitars were great. A set of pups wiring harness and steel bridge block and they could be killers that'll keep up with any strat IMO
Yes they are. It felt like a good, vintage strat neck. The guitar it came from was nice overall, but it looked like ass. Somebody scratched up the finish and painted it baby blue, then painted it silver. By the time I cleaned it up, it looked rough.

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
Nice Strat! Body and neck together look real good. Not sure about the pearloid p/g, but I can't think what might look better. Mint maybe?

Either way - I'd own it and would be proud of it. Enjoy!

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Strat! Body and neck together look real good. Not sure about the pearloid p/g, but I can't think what might look better. Mint maybe?

Either way - I'd own it and would be proud of it. Enjoy!
Thanks, I tend to have better luck with partscasters. I can trick them out any way I like. The pearloid pickguard is a throwback to my first Fender, a ‘60s Daphne Blue Mustang I got when I was 16.