NGD Gibson Les Paul Standard

• Thread starter jcm800gridlock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ebony Standard with the blacked out transformation complete.

Also, a photo of my Les Paul Traditional in Iced Tea that I picked up a couple of weeks later.

Thanks everyone for you nice comments.

View attachment 129829
View attachment 129834View attachment 129835
I’m very happy you replaced the chrome or nickel pickup ring screws, with Gibsons traditional black pickup ring screws.

(Black plastics = black pickup ring screws, cream plastics = chrome/nickel screws).

The chrome ones made the guitar look like an Epi,… (“not that there’s anything wrong with that”),… Old Seinfeld line,… lol!

I was going to mention it when I first saw your first pic, I decided not to because I’ve felt my posts have been too negative lately.

Nice job @jcm800gridlock!

(Cream looks badass too though) :D

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
I’m very happy you replaced the chrome or nickel pickup ring screws, with Gibsons traditional black pickup ring screws.

(Black plastics = black pickup ring screws, cream plastics = chrome/nickel screws).

The chrome ones made the guitar look like an Epi,… (“not that there’s anything wrong with that”),… Old Seinfeld line,… lol!

I was going to mention it when I first saw your first pic, I decided not to because I’ve felt my posts have been too negative lately.

Nice job @jcm800gridlock!

(Cream looks badass too though) :D
We think alike and I always appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Someone, don’t recall who, or on which forum, mentioned the chrome pickup cover screws. Changing them to black never occurred to me, until that post.

I had to order new set of black rings to get the black screws but the black screws did enhance the looks of the guitar.

This truly is a great playing and sounding guitar. I love the Bursbusters, the neck, and setup on this guitar are prefect for me.

My only real desire to complete the mods, is to darken the Rosewood board to look more like Ebony. Still debating how to do that and not mess it up or devalue the guitar.

Bucket list changes would to swap the nickel hardware with gold hardware and tuners (like a Custom Black Beauty), but I doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
……….Bucket list changes would to swap the nickel hardware with gold hardware and tuners (like a Custom Black Beauty), but I doubt that will ever happen.
I’m hoping that does not happen, lol!

But I’m not a big fan of gold hardware myself, unless it is truly a Custom, just my personal taste.

It’ll look like a Custom wannabe imo, and it shouldn’t. It’s virtually perfect in its own right now, and somewhat unique!

I vote keep the nickel, haha.

Enjoy man!

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Ag
I’m hoping that does not happen, lol!

But I’m not a big fan of gold hardware myself, unless it is truly a Custom, just my personal taste.

It’ll look like a Custom wannabe imo, and it shouldn’t. It’s virtually perfect in its own right now, and somewhat unique!

I vote keep the nickel, haha.

Enjoy man!
Agreed.

ajtonly1

Reaction score