• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NGD! Les Paul - Gibson Custom Shop

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I received my new Gibson Custom Shop Peter Frampton 3 PUP Ebony '54. The guitar was finished by Gibson on 6/8/20, new and never played. Until I got it today. I love the HHH sound, with some pretty hot pickups. It's lighter and thinner than a standard LP, which is fine by me. I took a few quick pics when I opened it, but had to leave it for a while, family comes first. I'll try to get some better pictures later.
InTheCase.jpg Headstock.jpg Signature.jpg EntireHanging.jpg BodyHanging.jpg LesPauls.jpg Lineup.jpg

Last edited:

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Sweeeeet collection of guitars you got there Tex.!!
Is the finish on the LP Standard known as Iced Tea ? I really like that.
The Frampton is outta this world!
Fit and finish all first class? One would imagine the Custom shop stuff would have to be.
Keep us posted as you get to know her/him?
The guitar is magnificent. Some players don't like the gold bling but I am a fan and on some guitars nothing else will do. That there is one of 'em.
BP

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweeeeet collection of guitars you got there Tex.!!
Is the finish on the LP Standard known as Iced Tea ? I really like that.
The Frampton is outta this world!
Fit and finish all first class? One would imagine the Custom shop stuff would have to be.
Keep us posted as you get to know her/him?
The guitar is magnificent. Some players don't like the gold bling but I am a fan and on some guitars nothing else will do. That there is one of 'em.
BP

Thank you very much BP!

The finish on the LP Standard 60's is known as Triburst. It's a limited edition finish. Not listed on their web site.

Black/Gold/Silver is a pretty cool combination on the PF. It's a copy of someone else's guitar, and so it has character, visual and tonal. The Custom Shop did a great job. Fit and finish and everything is first class, as it should be.

First song I played on it, of course, "Do You Feel Like We Do?" The HHH has some incredible tones. Of course, with his chosen pickups too. The strings that came on it are standard Les Paul 10's. Though he uses 9's, for a brighter sound. I may try those at some point to be more spot on his sound with it. But with the 10's it sounds so damn rich! So maybe not.

It is very different though. It sounds better through my Fender Tweed than my Marshall SV20H. Granted, I've only had a couple of hours to spend with it. But it is surprisingly better through the Jensen in the Tweed. My cab is a stock EVH. I plan to use Creamback's over the Celestion Anniversary at some point. This may hasten my swap out. And to be clear, I generally only turn on my Fender to play in stereo, or maybe for some blues. The Marshall is my always go to amp.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing. I think at some point we've all wanted to own a black custom with gold hardware.
I had to settle for a bacca burst custom, as at the time I was in the market, all the black ones I played didn't do it for me.
That PF looks the business, although myself, I'm not into HHH LP's. For that guitar though....well I could learn to live with it. :cool:

El Gringo

Reaction score
As I said in the OP, I only had a few minutes to snap some pics when it arrived. No switch tip, not in tune, no strap in the OP pictures. Now it's in tune, has a switch tip and a nice black and gold strap.
View attachment 78045
You then found the items in the case pocket ? Gibson Custom doesn't install the switch tip so it wont break during shipping . One of my new Gibson Custom R9's when it was shipped to me ( I think it was my very first one in 2014 ) did not have the amber colored switch tip when I first opened the case upon buying it brand new from Dave's ( a fine shop which I can never say enough nice things about and the super service I always receive from them ) So I preceded to tear open the case pocket in the brown Lifton case throwing things all over the place trying to find the amber switch tip of which I did in a little zip lock plastic bag and then I relaxed .

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Today I received my new Gibson Custom Shop Peter Frampton 3 PUP Ebony '54. The guitar was finished by Gibson on 6/8/20, new and never played. Until I got it today. I love the HHH sound, with some pretty hot pickups. It's lighter and thinner than a standard LP, which is fine by me. I took a few quick pics when I opened it, but had to leave it for a while, family comes first. I'll try to get some better pictures later.
View attachment 78034 View attachment 78035 View attachment 78036 View attachment 78037 View attachment 78038 View attachment 78039 View attachment 78040
Wow super nice congrats and enjoy! :yesway:

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You then found the items in the case pocket ? Gibson Custom doesn't install the switch tip so it wont break during shipping . One of my new Gibson Custom R9's when it was shipped to me ( I think it was my very first one in 2014 ) did not have the amber colored switch tip when I first opened the case upon buying it brand new from Dave's ( a fine shop which I can never say enough nice things about and the super service I always receive from them ) So I preceded to tear open the case pocket in the brown Lifton case throwing things all over the place trying to find the amber switch tip of which I did in a little zip lock plastic bag and then I relaxed .

I knew where it was, I was just pressed for time. Would put it on later, with the strap, then tune and play.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
DEAR GOD TX!!!! She's GORGEOUS!!!! Now I want another one!

Very, very happy for you!!!!

Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

P.S.

Try playing her through the low sensitivity input. That's what Frampton pretty much uses, even as far back as his days with Humble Pie.

Latest posts