NGD: My first Gibson in years!

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
So I sold my ESP Edwards for a pretty good price and was looking for a more traditional (and especially non black) replacement.

Found a good deal on a used and mint Les Paul Tribute including the Gibson Gold case:

IMG-20221103-WA0007.jpgIMG-20221103-WA0014.jpg

I'm currently not home, so I'll give you guys a detailed review a bit later, but my first impressions are:

Lightweight, plays great, sounds good dry and amplified, loads of sustain, the laquer feels amazing, stays in tune!

The fingerboard is very light in color, that's the one negative thing. I will change strings and oil it, maybe that helps.

More pictures and details soon to follow, but for now I'm happy. :D

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
So I sold my ESP Edwards for a pretty good price and was looking for a more traditional (and especially non black) replacement.

Found a good deal on a used and mint Les Paul Tribute including the Gibson Gold case:

View attachment 118456View attachment 118457

I'm currently not home, so I'll give you guys a detailed review a bit later, but my first impressions are:

Lightweight, plays great, sounds good dry and amplified, loads of sustain, the laquer feels amazing, stays in tune!

The fingerboard is very light in color, that's the one negative thing. I will change strings and oil it, maybe that helps.

Welcome to the tribute owners club 😃
Looks beautiful. Mine is also very light and very resonant with great sustain. My board was fairly light when I got it but after 2 oils it’s loads darker now. Only mod I did was add pointers and fitted the poker chip to 3 way selector. Will you add yours?

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.

View attachment 118456View attachment 118457

Congrats!
The fingerboard needs oiled, and the selector switch needs a creamy poker chip.
I love the Tributes, mine's a 2016 Gold Top. :yesway:

mark123

Reaction score
I removed the poker chip and pickguard. Looks much nicer.

Latest posts