NGD&NHD: Vintage/Wilkinson V100 Les Paul

• Thread starter brp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brp

Reaction score
Been looking for a deal on one of these for awhile. Was holding out for tobacco sunburst w/ chrome hardware, until I recently realized they only come w/ gold hardware for that finish.

So a guy had one up for an OK deal but I offered him $50 less cuz I told him I had to swap the gold out cuz... well... I don't do gold hardware. He declined but then emailed me a week later and he agreed to my price.

DSCF0777cropsml.jpg

DSCF0778sml.jpg

Solid carved mahogany w/ set mahogany neck, Wilkinson hardware and pickups.

Buffed off the gold plate on most small things like the screws, switch nut and pickguard bracket, removed the gold pup covers.
Had to buy a new bridge and I took the stopbar/posts off one of my Gibson Studios cuz I always wanted black hardware on the white one anyway, which brings me to NHD: New hardware day:

DSCF0781cropsml.jpg

DSCF0782sml.jpg

Always wanted a white LP with black hardware. Still gotta track down some black Kluson style tuners.

With the family:
DSCF0784sml.jpg

These Vintage V100's play great and sound great too. I'd recommend checking them out if you want an LP that doesn't break the bank.

A few things aren't perfect about them. When changing the stop bar I noticed that the bridge is not grounded as stock so I had to drill for that. Also the finish on this particular one is pretty thin, chips waaay too easy around things like the cavity cover edges and bridge studs but what can you ask for for $250? But it plays so good, I love the neck, much slimmer than my Gibsons. Great tone with the stock Wilkinsons too.
Will upgrade the wiring later and may throw an Air Zone in down the road cuz I'm loving the one I put in my Kramer last weekend.

Love this Vintage.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
whitey looks good with the black hdware

so the vintage is a mahogany cap as well? must be a bit darker sounding than your studios?

brp

Reaction score
Thanks.

Yep, all mahogany and I noticed it right away when I plugged in. But it sounds great! It's fat! Nice to have something different than what I get from the other guitars.

Latest posts