• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

No sound coming out

• Thread starter htaylor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KISS NATION

Reaction score
I never said I knew what I was doing.
it's only 4 screws to remove the front panel so I thought it would be easy to check if there were any problems.
now the line out socket is working, but i have to have the volume turned right up on my ipod and you can only just hear the music through the speaker, so there is still a connection to the speaker which is good news.
the headphone socket just about works but the volume has to be turned up loud to hear anything and I can only select the clean chanel.

Ken

Reaction score
This thread is cracking me up!

The MG is a cheap amp with a Marshall name on it. It's not worth really throwing any money at it, so if reflowing iffy looking solder connections (I suggest you start around the input jack as that gets a lot of physical stress, and you mentioned jiggling the cord got results) doesn't help, how about buying a better amp? Class 5's are not expensive used (or new), and used DSL's and all 3 models of 900 series amps are $500 or less; head only or combos. I've even seen 800 model combos in the $6-700 range.

You've been playing 7 years; time to step up to better equipment IMO.

Ken

KISS NATION

Reaction score
thanks for the advice mate.
I think it is time to upgrade to a better amp.
it is just my luck that this morning I had three new effects pedals arrive, two new guitar leads and 6 patch cables, and my amp doesn't work to try them out.

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
thanks for the advice mate.
I think it is time to upgrade to a better amp.
it is just my luck that this morning I had three new effects pedals arrive, two new guitar leads and 6 patch cables, and my amp doesn't work to try them out.

Hope you have more luck with your new/other amp.
Like all things in life, you need a bit of luck with your things, bad luck can happen to anyone and at any time.
But, I'd just stay away from those entry-level amps, especially when buying second hand.
There are reasons when one amp costs $200 and the other amp $2000 (and it's not always artist/signature marketing).