• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NPD: Analogman King Of Tone

• Thread starter lespaul339
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul339

Reaction score
My email finally came up after about a 5 1/2 year long wait since I got on the waiting list for this pedal. I got on the list on 5-11-2018. Got the confirmation email last week. Only took them about 4 days to get it shipped out to me after I ordered it. Crazy long time to wait for a pedal!

It literally just arrived, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I do have a Prince Of Tone, so I already know what to expect. I'm looking forward to getting it put on my board! I'm a big fan of Mike and his pedals. I have a few other Analogman pedals as well. I'll try to get a pedalboard pic once I get it on my board.

IMG-4131.jpg

blue

Reaction score
Congratulations, it's a great pedal. The waiting time is crazy though! I feel lucky now, when I ordered mine the wait time was supposed to be about 18 months, and I think it actually ended up being a bit less. I've really enjoyed the pedal, I hope you do too

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I had one many years ago, back in the ‘00s when the wait was much much shorter. It was a superbly built pedal. I also had the NKT-275 Sunface. Wish I had em both back now!

lespaul339

Reaction score
Congratulations, it's a great pedal. The waiting time is crazy though! I feel lucky now, when I ordered mine the wait time was supposed to be about 18 months, and I think it actually ended up being a bit less. I've really enjoyed the pedal, I hope you do too
Thank you!
Congrats! I had one many years ago, back in the ‘00s when the wait was much much shorter. It was a superbly built pedal. I also had the NKT-275 Sunface. Wish I had em both back now!
Thanks!

Damn, yeah you'd be sitting on a goldmine with that fuzz!

If you're wanting another of his sunface pedals, check out the 2n 527 sunface. That's what I have. He has those transistors back in stock at the moment too. They can get gnarly, but they also clean up well with the roll back of your volume knob on the guitar. They also have a really nice bright end to them. It's a very versatile fuzz. I also hear good things about the BART ones as well, although I advent tried one out. The RCA's are noisy, but sound good too.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks!

Damn, yeah you'd be sitting on a goldmine with that fuzz!

If you're wanting another of his sunface pedals, check out the 2n 527 sunface. That's what I have. He has those transistors back in stock at the moment too. They can get gnarly, but they also clean up well with the roll back of your volume knob on the guitar. They also have a really nice bright end to them. It's a very versatile fuzz. I also hear good things about the BART ones as well, although I advent tried one out. The RCA's are noisy, but sound good too.
I’ve considered getting a BART. But I’m more into Tone Benders these days. I’d love it if Mike would do a MkI Bender. I have considered his MkIV Sun Bender, too.

lespaul339

Reaction score
So I finally got a chance to check out the pedal. I like that the Yellow side just sounds like my amp, but pushed just a little harder. Very organic. The Red side is just the right amount of overdrive without taking over the sound of my amp. I love having the two different sides. Both awesome in their own way, and stacked I get sustain for days!

I compared it to my Prince Of Tone expecting the pedals to sound the same, but surprisingly, with the same settings on my POT and KOT red side, the KOT had a more open sound to it. The POT had more compression. I preferred the open-ness of the KOT. I was surprised considering they are supposed to be basically the same pedal. They're close in sound, but they do not sound the same to my ears.

RDR

Reaction score
I figure I have about 2 years to wait for mine. Currently running 2 POT.

Latest posts