NPD! sabbath sludge inside

• Thread starter acidvoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
Got this little beauty yesterday, made a quick vid to share:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhy8GQjErSk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhy8GQjErSk[/ame]

Bigmuff

Reaction score
I had that pedal briefly, but couldn't bond with it. I sent it back to PGS. I found I was plenty happy getting Sabbath-esque tones with existing equipment - a treble booster and EQ. I also had a hard time getting it to not squeal at me. Lots of treble on tap. How's it working out for you?

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
So far its fun for low volume practice, sounds great. I agree, I too can get similar tone with gear I already have.

I can see how some may not like it because its very trebly. I'm getting the best sound with the presence almost off and the range at about 9 o'clock.

frankyfal

Reaction score
Nice pedal. I guess I cut off the tip of my finger for nothing now.

dsn716

Reaction score
You have an OR15, and you needed to buy a new pedal to find Sabbath tones?

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
You have an OR15, and you needed to buy a new pedal to find Sabbath tones?

Definitely not, the OR15 screams Sabbath all day long. It was deeply discounted and figured I'd use it for low volume practice on the DSL...oh and some curiosity of what a Laney sounds like!

dsn716

Reaction score
Definitely not, the OR15 screams Sabbath all day long. It was deeply discounted and figured I'd use it for low volume practice on the DSL...oh and some curiosity of what a Laney sounds like!

Yeah, I know... just giving you a hard time.
Speaking of Laney, I really want to check out one of those TI15-112 combos. It's a shame that both of the Guitar Center locations near me are lousy and never have anything worth buying in stock.

dreyn77

Reaction score
Checkout the vid of iommi when he's from the late 80's era and you'll understand the use of the pedal when he's makeing that sound from back then.
he shows you how to play trills and stuff.
It was something that gave him more sustain in the sound.

I think then he got the guy from england to make the double row pole piece pickups which he was still useing in the 2000 era sound.
Definitely got the scorching sound from those pickups. string vibration X 4 ='s lots of sound. ;)

Marshallmaniac

Reaction score
Sounds like that YJM308 and DOD250 I had years ago. It was basically a treble booster and sounded horrible for me! I coulda sworn Yngwie' playin practical jokes with it and hidin the guts of an sd1 inside the DOD shell of his. Never got the kinda gain he gets with it and it just wasn't practical to use

So far its fun for low volume practice, sounds great. I agree, I too can get similar tone with gear I already have.

I can see how some may not like it because its very trebly. I'm getting the best sound with the presence almost off and the range at about 9 o'clock.