Okay, finally a current pic of my modest gear

• Thread starter zslane
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zslane

Reaction score
I finally got around to taking a family photo. :photos:

Not pictured: my Fender Strat that I modded earlier this year, my Yamaha APX500 acoustic, and numerous pedals and such. As you can see, I'm a devoted follower of the Les Paul + Marshall school of rock. :rock:

zslane-albums-my-gear-picture256-dsl-100-dsl-401-mg-15cdr-les-paul-standards-goldtop-black-amberburst-les-paul-custom-alpine-white.jpg

zslane

Reaction score
She's my latest acquisition and I do love her so. I bought her, used, last weekend.

I made three minor changes to her: I changed the black speed knobs to gold ones, I changed the black switchwasher to a cream one, and I put a new stock back plate in place of the one she came with because it had Delores Rhoads' signature on it and I thought it safer to put that away where it won't get all scratched up.

psphill27

Reaction score
Great gear man...nice set of LPs and love the DSL. One of the best sounding Marshall heads ever. It's what I like using to gig with...

wareagle

Reaction score
mind if i take the lp custom (white) i love white lp customs. i think i will *takes* thanks :)

zslane

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! :)

I think of my collection as modest cuz I only have one head to plug into, unlike some of you lucky stiffs who seem to have rooms chock full of Marshalls. :dude:

Maybe someday I'll get a VM and a 1959RR and... :fingersx:

dcooper830

Reaction score
Awesome collection there! You're blessed to have such nice stuff! I hope you're able to enjoy it for many, many years to come.

And hopefully someday you'll be able to add a 1959 or a 1987X or something like that. :fingersx:

I'm also totally into the Les Paul Marshall set-up. I have a DSL 100 / 1960AV halfstack and I love it!

zslane

Reaction score
I was watching the VH1 doc "Heavy: the Story of Heavy Metal" and noticed that pretty much every single guitarist they showed footage of had Marshalls behind them. It filled me with a wierd sense of pride, knowing I was connected to that amazing heritage as a Marshall owner myself.

wareagle

Reaction score
yeah, owning a marshall is owning a piece of history, however unless im gigging in huge outdoor places where i need more than one amp, i dont see myself getting another, my 100 watt jmp is enough...

stock_hippie

Reaction score
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
i Was Watching The Vh1 Doc "heavy: The Story Of Heavy Metal" And Noticed That Pretty Much Every Single Guitarist They Showed Footage Of Had Marshalls Behind Them. It Filled Me With A Wierd Sense Of Pride, Knowing I Was Connected To That Amazing Heritage As A Marshall Owner Myself.

Well Said Man !

Robertf

Reaction score
Modest. Really nice looking gear and a great photo, too! Love that ebony Standard.

Rob