Old Marshall anyone?

• Thread starter pinto79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
Yes - me! This amp is played about once a month on average. No I am not rich or famous, I just snagged it when it was cheap.

DSCF4477.jpg

tprigdec09.jpg

JEEZUS CRISTO! what is that thing worth!

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
Then you could buy this to go along with it and have the ultimate rig... A mere $325,000...

VINTAGE 1960 GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD BURST OHSC TAGS - eBay (item 180494234045 end time May-14-10 13:47:34 PDT)

1960LesPaul.jpg

the guy who bought this is an ass! there is not a guitar on the planet worth that! not even to put under glass. my philosophy is, if you ain't gonna play it, don't buy it, fuck collecting shit! As Dave Chappelle once said, "I wish I had two more hands so I could give that four thumbs down"!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

ironlung40

Reaction score
Good to hear that most think this is crazy!! Way too much money for what these items are. Yeah, Marshalls are good amps, yeah Les Pauls are good guitars, but damn, no way are they worth that much money no matter the circumstances. What a world of over hyped ,crazy marketing schemes we are bombarded with. In the end it's just cheap parts put together in a strategic way.

It is funny that the pictures of the marshall were so bad, being the price it is starting at. Did you check the house he was sitting in? Looked pretty old and run-down to me. Maybe he wants to sell the piece of shit amp under his bed to buy a new house! LOL

core

Reaction score
That's exactly why I got out of restoring old Volkswagen buses. Cars I would have considered for restorations going for a couple grand 10 years ago are now going for close to $20K. Just crazy for pile of cheap steel and something so utilitarian. I can understand early ones where there's just a few left but 60's models are a dime a dozen! Not worth it!

bodhi2600

Reaction score
Good to hear that most think this is crazy!! Way too much money for what these items are. Yeah, Marshalls are good amps, yeah Les Pauls are good guitars, but damn, no way are they worth that much money no matter the circumstances. What a world of over hyped ,crazy marketing schemes we are bombarded with. In the end it's just cheap parts put together in a strategic way.

It is funny that the pictures of the marshall were so bad, being the price it is starting at. Did you check the house he was sitting in? Looked pretty old and run-down to me. Maybe he wants to sell the piece of shit amp under his bed to buy a new house! LOL

check it out sonny: if Mr. Bran hadn't built that "piece of shit" as you put it, you wouldn't have that list of marshall amps on your sig. they probably wouldn't exist.
you should develop a little respect for the roots of your craft.
through the development and building of that amp, he has given more to rock music than you ever will.
try engaging your mind before your mouth.

Latest posts