• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Origin 50

• Thread starter Sirena
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sirena

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I just removed the cabinet from the amp decided to say that less than a week after owning it, I've already taken it apart. I read this forum in DC electronics today and couldn't stop laughing. The guy who sits next to me wondered why I was laughing so hard so I pointed out the "bitch biscuit" part and he laughed hard too.

Yeh, I'm a chick.

Salty Rose

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I just removed the cabinet from the amp decided to say that less than a week after owning it, I've already taken it apart. I read this forum in DC electronics today and couldn't stop laughing. The guy who sits next to me wondered why I was laughing so hard so I pointed out the "bitch biscuit" part and he laughed hard too.

Yeh, I'm a chick.
Sounds about right... (I opened up my new 4x12 cab today before I even got it off the truck;)). You had these guys going too. Good job!
IMG_2118.JPG

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeh, I'm a chick.
Nice to see ya back

Jason Fieldhouseespk

Reaction score
So, yeah, I didn't say welcome to the forum the other day, so, 'welcome to the forum', :) Mitch is normally first to say that, and I think he has.

Thank you for your hi-res images too, I've connected up almost everything, until I got to the power scaling section.

Theres only one 33k resistor there so that's the slope resistor, that has to get down to where the eq section comes in, it goes from the slope to the fx loop, back in and through a line of resistors, over to the eq lines, back in and into the power scaling bit... then I'm lost, so I'm just going to put a big square marked 'power scaling section'! Out of that and somehow to the PI, via a .022 coupling cap, to pin 2 of the V3, PI.
Still need to find the two .22 coupling caps to the power valves. I think they're the ones over by the power valves.

Hope your able to plug in and enjoy your amp for the sound too, one of the things I love about the JTM45s are the cleans, and as this is airing on the side of those classics I'm happy to report its has a wonderful, sparkly, glassy clean, that works better with my Les Paul's pups compared to the DSLs and MGs and 900s I've tried.

Obviously for single coil loaded strat type guitars that's gonna seem harsh and brittle, but that's what the 'tilt' function is for.... Maybe I just like bright, cutting amps because of my guitar choice? It also depends on what I want to do, lead or rhythm playing, lone guitarist or with another guitarist? Or 2, or 3?

Anyway, yes, congratulations on your new amp, enjoy. Look up all the comments about it all over the forum, enjoy all the goofy comments, theres good humor here, and thank you for your expertise! ;-)
Peace.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeh, I'm a chick.
Well welcome back, some of us were getting worried about you. So did you find anything interesting in your Origin,....or are you gonna do some mods? Maybe some tube rolling?

Sirena

Reaction score
We don't get many women around these parts.............can't you tell! :hug:
I'm not surprised. I'm also the only woman in my electronics class, and there were two of us in my other engineering class. She was definitely more pastel like than I am. I'm much more like Nita Strauss.

As for mods. The only thing I was planning on doing to this was to have more gain before the input. I was looking at the Marshall GV-2 pedal (newer one) because I like the sound. It can do a metal sound easily. I have 2 strats and one is a more traditional SSS which is of course really bright, almost piercingly so. The other is HSS and much nicer on the H part. I have a Code 50 amp that I didn't see much of a use for, but now I'm looking at it and seeing more of a low cost 1x12 cab (I know, particle board, but it's "free") and I could install a Celestion G30 80w or something similar into it, and somehow cover the area where the controls currently are. I went to one of Nita's clinics and she said that the code series is great for auditioning new amps, and since I found the amp I like, I don't feel the need to keep the code around in its current state.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. I'm also the only woman in my electronics class, and there were two of us in my other engineering class. She was definitely more pastel like than I am. I'm much more like Nita Strauss.

As for mods. The only thing I was planning on doing to this was to have more gain before the input. I was looking at the Marshall GV-2 pedal (newer one) because I like the sound. It can do a metal sound easily. I have 2 strats and one is a more traditional SSS which is of course really bright, almost piercingly so. The other is HSS and much nicer on the H part. I have a Code 50 amp that I didn't see much of a use for, but now I'm looking at it and seeing more of a low cost 1x12 cab (I know, particle board, but it's "free") and I could install a Celestion G30 80w or something similar into it, and somehow cover the area where the controls currently are. I went to one of Nita's clinics and she said that the code series is great for auditioning new amps, and since I found the amp I like, I don't feel the need to keep the code around in its current state.

The Code must go...:D

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Does your code have an fx loop ???
If it does you can use fx send into the origin and get a powerful pair going with the correct balance of the 2 amps, origin would be no boost and gain to match volume, or of course the best way is to just use your ears,till you find something ya like !!
Cheers Mitch

Sirena

Reaction score
Does your code have an fx loop ???
If it does you can use fx send into the origin and get a powerful pair going with the correct balance of the 2 amps, origin would be no boost and gain to match volume, or of course the best way is to just use your ears,till you find something ya like !!
Cheers Mitch

Only the code 100H and 100C have FX loops on them. It also seems that they're not selling very well and are being discontinued by Marshall as most large retailers and etailers aren't re stocking them.

My thought on the origin series is that it's between the Plexi type (older)amp series and the JCM800 as the gain is a little more than the plexi but less than the 800 and priced about where the DSL series of similar power is.