Origin 50H User Settings

• Thread starter Martin Adams
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Adams

Reaction score
As a user of the Origin 50H I thought my discovery may help others find their sound without going in circles !

ok most know the Origin has gain on tap but only when you really crank it which I agree is a great sound but for some this is just too loud at venues or at home etc.. one of the solutions is pedals in the front

I’ve had this setup with EHX glove in front then delay, reverb and then TC spark boost mini and it sounds really good and importantly levels that are workable

As a test I tried cranking the MV today and ran my delay, reverb and boost in the loop and tried to get gain from the amp ( it was now getting loud ) and the fx loop with pedals didn’t sound great, lack of delay and reverb clarity.
I’ve read people asking is their FX loop ok and in the past at lower MV levels it was fine, crank the MV and it’s not fine at all.
So in summary without pedals at all and MV cranked and amp for gain it’s great but way too loud at times.
With drive pedals and turning down the MV either all pedals up front ( my method ) or drive up front and FX loop for delay etc and this becomes a very workable amp allowing solo boost pedals added ( I’m my case last pedal upfront )
Hope that helps folks who may be trying different ways to get the amp to work for their own personal needs and volume levels !!

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first got mine I used the amps boost function, and found all you have said true, but now I have quit using the boost, and my only pedals are a SD1, MXR10 band eq, or the Joyo ultimate drive, on the mid power setting volume at 3 (still loud)
But that’s one way I run mine.
I have posted a clip on the forum here where I am using six amps at a lower volume, it’s called
Mother’s Day Trash
But I am feeding the Origin’s from one of my Dsl40c’s via FX send to FX return on the Origin, and that is how I can get TV volume from the Origin.
Cheers

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

This is my lower volume with the Origin’s.
My Dsl40c’s are on the red ultra 2 with volume and gain at 2, I am using the MXR10 band eq to run both of the Dsl40c’s, that are feeding both of the Origin’s, along with a pair of 3210 lead 100 mosfet’s on the clean channel.
No boost pedals, no modulation,
Thanks

Martin Adams

Reaction score
Thanks for that Martin. So the Boost function on that amp does nothing to give a great sound at lower volumes?
BP

Personally I found the onboard boost only useable for getting more gain and volume at a time when I didn’t need as much jump in level. Using all pedals up front including TC spark boost mini I found no need for the boost or fx loop

Last edited:

Martin Adams

Reaction score
Yes footswitch for fx loop and boost
The boost in conjunction with the amp gain can be ok if using the amp to get your gain sounds but I found controlling the volume levels ( very loud ) it wasn’t practical. Decided it was better to use it as a pedal platform amp as it has a lovely warm clean tone which you can then stick drive pedals etc in front to create in effect a two channel amp !

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The boost in conjunction with the amp gain can be ok if using the amp to get your gain sounds but I found controlling the volume levels ( very loud ) it wasn’t practical. Decided it was better to use it as a pedal platform amp as it has a lovely warm clean tone which you can then stick drive pedals etc in front to create in effect a two channel amp !

I completely agree with you and posted almost the exact same thing in another thread a couple of days ago. Amp alone is clean channel, pedalboard is a dirty channel. :yesway:

jhue73

Reaction score
i know this is an older thread but can anyone tell me why the amp sounds fuller/warmer with the gain on about 8? even when the master is down on 2 it sounds way warmer and full with the gain up. even on the low power setting it sounds way fuller and warmer with the gain on 8. it almost seems like the gain is the master.

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
Re-reading this old thread prompts a question:

Where do y'all set your Tilt control?

I usually leave it a little left or right of 12 o'clock (depending on the room). A little more left for a Strat and a little more right for a Les Paul or PRS neck pickup.

I've never found a use (yet) for way left, but I have gone to the right to about 3 o'clock.

Neptical

Reaction score
Re-reading this old thread prompts a question:

Where do y'all set your Tilt control?

I usually leave it a little left or right of 12 o'clock (depending on the room). A little more left for a Strat and a little more right for a Les Paul or PRS neck pickup.

I've never found a use (yet) for way left, but I have gone to the right to about 3 o'clock.

IME:

More Plexi-sh glassy, sparkle at 6.
More JTM-ish wooly, sag at 0. ( Pull Boost for more wool)

Lots of fantastic, fun tones to play with.
Ex: Use Tilt but minimal Treble. Crank Master use Gain for Volume or vice versa.

I also use Strats (HSS) and boost my O50s with Boss SD-1 ---> RAT ---> Boss OD-3---> FATRAT

Last edited:

Ps. 37

Reaction score
IME:

More Plexi-sh glassy, sparkle at 6.
More JTM-ish wooly, sag at 0.

Lots of fantastic, fun tones to play with.
Ex: Use Tilt but minimal Treble. Crank Master use Gain for Volume or vice versa.

I also use Strats (HSS) and boost my O50s with Boss SD-1 ---> RAT ---> Boss OD-3---> FATRAT
Yes. I lean toward the JTM45/Fender Bassman end of the spectrum, so Tilt is usually slightly below 2.

Presence also slightly below 2, Master at 10, Treble and Middle just over 5, Bass just under 7, Gain around 4 or 5.

TMB vary a bit depending on single-coils or humbuckers.

I also use 6CA7's, V1 is 12AY7, V2 and V3 are 12AT7's.

Very light reverb and delay in loop, Boss BD-2 in front.

Gives me the sound I like. (Strictly play at home.) :)

steveb63

Reaction score
Yes. I lean toward the JTM45/Fender Bassman end of the spectrum, so Tilt is usually slightly below 2.

Presence also slightly below 2, Master at 10, Treble and Middle just over 5, Bass just under 7, Gain around 4 or 5.

TMB vary a bit depending on single-coils or humbuckers.

I also use 6CA7's, V1 is 12AY7, V2 and V3 are 12AT7's.

Very light reverb and delay in loop, Boss BD-2 in front.

Gives me the sound I like. (Strictly play at home.) :)
Like my BD-2 out in front of that amp, to my ears it pairs well with it.

And if I want to go more "80's" out comes the Friedman BE-OD Deluxe.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

This is when I had both of my Origin 50H’s
Full 50 watt power, joyo ultimate drive set as clean boost in front, mxr10 band eq also in front, to run both amps,
Volume 4
Bass 5
Treble 8
Mids 8
Presence 8
Gain 8
Tilt 7
With a 3210 on the clean channel
Both of the stacks behind me are cooking.
Anyways this is how I love to run them..

Cheers
Mitch

alexmansman

Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes the O50 with everything on 10?

No pull boost
Presence at 5
But everything else on 10

You'd think it's too bright but maybe it's my 2 Orange 2x12's I run it through that tame that? Using a Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder that sound kills

Arc Anjil

Reaction score

No pull boost
Presence at 5

You'd think it's too bright but maybe it's my 2 Orange 2x12's I run it through that tame that? Using a Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder that sound kills

I like to play around with different boxes fronting the amp, so I keep the Origin's EQ around 12 o'clock (except when I boost the bass when playing at low volume). Some of the boxes have 3 band EQ's, some have just a tone control.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

No pull boost
Presence at 5

:welcome:
To The Forum
Never really tried those settings,, but if it inspires you,, then they are working..
My settings are posted above,, and I like what I hear..

Cheers
Mitch

Latest posts