Origin 50H User Settings

• Thread starter Martin Adams
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
Sorry to see this thread die down.

Re-reading it, I see people using SD-1's and Wampler plexi drives (I have both). Like the SD-1, but I can't get good tone from the PD.

Also, Has anyone worked out a way to get some good JCM 800 tone from the Origin? (GnR type stuff)

:)

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see this thread die down.

Re-reading it, I see people using SD-1's and Wampler plexi drives (I have both). Like the SD-1, but I can't get good tone from the PD.

Also, Has anyone worked out a way to get some good JCM 800 tone from the Origin? (GnR type stuff)

:)
I'm not liking my Waza BD2 yet thru it. I do like the SD-1 for sure and my Tumnus Deluxe. These 2 sound very different which I want. I haven't used the PD for quite some time. Don't remember how I set it.

I just go for rock/hard rock tones. I'm not playing out with it. Don't need it to cover much ground. Just good ole Marshall tones.

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
I much prefer the SD-1 over the PD. Actually I have the Plexi Drive Deluxe. I've read where some say it's different than the PD regular.

I've been eyeing the BD-2 for awhile, then they married it to the Angry Charlie. The AC is a JCM 800 in a box, right?

I see some good words about the Tumnus. I'm not really into high gain so the Tumnus looks interesting.

;)

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I much prefer the SD-1 over the PD. Actually I have the Plexi Drive Deluxe. I've read where some say it's different than the PD regular.

I've been eyeing the BD-2 for awhile, then they married it to the Angry Charlie. The AC is a JCM 800 in a box, right?

I see some good words about the Tumnus. I'm not really into high gain so the Tumnus looks interesting.

;)
I have the PD mini. It has a couple toggle switches for cab simulation and tube screamer. So a 112 cab can mimic a 412 cab and the TS tightens the bottom end up.

I need to keep trying with the BD-2 but initially I find it bloaty to an already wooly amp. I don't know anything about the AC.

The Tumnus being Klon like is dynamic and very articulate. Both the SD-1 & Tumnus are articulate which I really like/prefer With the Origin. I don't do high gain either or rarely.

Latest posts