out of date?

• Thread starter oilpit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oilpit

Reaction score
I am planning on upgrading to a tube-combo soon.
My question is this, I was looking at the DSL401 combo, I see it online all over the place. However I went into Guitar Center and they showed me what they said replaced the DSL series. It was the same price but twice as many watts (100). Well the DSL is still on the Marshall website so... is it still in production? or not?
what's the deal???
-oilpit-

bobwl

Reaction score
If you see it online all over the place, and you want it... does it matter if it's been replaced or not? That being said I don't think it is, but I just figured I'd say that.

oilpit

Reaction score
If you see it online all over the place, and you want it... does it matter if it's been replaced or not? That being said I don't think it is, but I just figured I'd say that.

Well if I'm gonna invest in a new amp, I should think that I would want the newer one, plus it's twice as loud.

Adwex

Reaction score
What was the model of the "new" one? Vintage Modern? JVM?

...and twice the wattage does NOT mean it'll be twice as loud. You'd have to have 10 times the wattage to be twice as loud.

Yes, it's true.

oilpit

Reaction score
What was the model of the "new" one? Vintage Modern? JVM?

...and twice the wattage does NOT mean it'll be twice as loud. You'd have to have 10 times the wattage to be twice as loud.

Yes, it's true.

I'm an idiot so I didn't get the model #, the guy said that they didn't make DSL's any more so I figured I wouldn't have a problem locating it.
However I'm almost positive that it is a JVM, I remember that it had two rows of knobs (sorry if there is a technical name).

luvvitlowd

Reaction score
The guy at GC is correct. Marshall no longer makes the DSL or TSL series. I think the JVM series has replaced them.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true... the DSL series is back. The original amps were non-ROHS compliant because they used (gasp) LEAD in their solder. The current production amps now feature lead-free solder. I know I can sleep better knowing that. :rolleyes:

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
good grief, that lead free solder sucks and breaks
up after a while, unless they have improved it

the eco Hippies are fickled, they change not having the Lead
in solder, but they are making us switch to the new Light bulbs
that are full of poisonous mercury, you break one and you have
to call a Chemical Cleanup crew.

Latest posts