Peavey Or Fender??

• Thread starter mtm105
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

playin’ Blues.

• Peavey

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fender

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • First Act

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
which one is made in CA & which one is made in MI?

I thought they were all outsourced...

jtees4

Reaction score
Well, if they are CA and Miss. then they are both used. I'd go with the Peavey if it is pre 1990.

Angus Rhoads

Reaction score
Back to thread topic - I had a number of Peavey amps, both solid state and tube, that were made in Meridian before they started outsourcing and they were all very solid amps. I had an all-tube Ranger 212 that blew away every Fender Twin I compared it to, for much less $$$.

ampeq

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned neither one makes amp's. Mesa is one of the few real amps left, almost everything else is one amp one sound for the most part. Hughes & Kettner is something worth looking into, and the new Carvin X-1 preamp foot pedal will turn a good one sound amp into a very usable unit.

wakjob

Reaction score
For a while there, like the past 15-20 years, Peavey was smoking Fender in the amp department. Fender is on the comeback now thankfully.

That "Undercover Boss" incident was unfortunate, and hopefully they've corrected themselves.

But Peavey amps in general are just good workhorse amps.
Like every major amp co. modern production and cost cutting techniques have sullied Peavey's "rocksolid" heritage.

But think about it. The Bandit. The 5150, The Butcher, ect...
Legendary.

If anyone is into Skynard, they owe it to themselves to check out the Peavey Penta amp. It didn't really catch on, but it sounded great and was built very well. I have the Penta 4x12 cab which is slightly vented.

stringtree

Reaction score
I'm guessing Peavey is in some kind of thing with EVH about guitars.

Sweetwater pulled the new line of Peavey HP 2 guitars, no.......

Maybe this is why Peavey is laying really low. Nothing really new or exciting amp wise.

Fender cut way back there offerings in head dept.. Combos still have a good pulse..

anitoli

Reaction score
I'm guessing Peavey is in some kind of thing with EVH about guitars.

Sweetwater pulled the new line of Peavey HP 2 guitars, no.......

Maybe this is why Peavey is laying really low. Nothing really new or exciting amp wise.

Fender cut way back there offerings in head dept.. Combos still have a good pulse..
They are prolly just playing it safe and seeing where it all goes. I mean if the biggest buzz about buying amps is the under $400 low watt won't strain my gonads to carry around crap, not alot of margin there to be interested in. Lets spend 500k developing a 2 watt amp that retails for $150....................

Latest posts