• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

pedal order

• Thread starter tone seaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheKman76

Reaction score
I take it you're placing the wah first to eliminate any impedance changes because the tuner has a buffer? The 'normal' way would be tuner first.

Assuming wah first, I don't think it matters. Using it as a mute last in the chain makes some sense, unless your TS is engaged when you're trying to tune which might cause trouble.

tone seaker

Reaction score
Where the Rock Rolls Hard and the Blues Rains Down
Killer stacks!
Your music link ROCKS.

I take it you're placing the wah first to eliminate any impedance changes because the tuner has a buffer? The 'normal' way would be tuner first.

Assuming wah first, I don't think it matters. Using it as a mute last in the chain makes some sense, unless your TS is engaged when you're trying to tune which might cause trouble.
My wha is a non true bypass V846 italian wha from 1969 what would putting the tuner first (guitar- tuner- wha) do to the sound of the singal because the tunrer (korg) is a buffer

TheKman76

Reaction score
Exactly, what *would* it do? The best way to answer that might be to try it.

These old wah pedals may have been designed with no buffer in the front of the circuit, so playing a different guitar into one, or just rolling down the guitar volume, may effect the sound. Older fuzz pedals and wah pedals are notorious for this sort of thing. Putting a buffer before it in the chain may result in a much brighter sound because the input of the pedal van be relatively low impedance, unlike most modern pedals.

Some pedals like the MXR Classic 108 Fuzz have a switchable buffer so you can still do the classic low impedance input like fuzzes from the 60's.

Play around with the order and figure out what you like.

Latest posts